Hello, I have a Storm 9530 with Verizon, with the original 8gb media card that came packaged with it. When I connect the phone to my PC via the USB cable, all of the files (pictures, videos, music, etc) show up as duplicates.

They look like this:

Picture01.jpg
    Picture01.jpg
    Picture02.jpg
    Picture02.jpg
    Picture03.jpg
    Picture03.jpg

Every file is duplicated, and with the exact same file name. I can delete one of the files successfully, but not both. The PC says that the file is being used elsewhere. It doesn't matter which I delete, but I can only delete one. If I go through and delete all of them, so I only have 1 of every file, when I disconnect the phone from the PC, all of the files are now missing. The files don't show up as duplicated on the phone's browser though.

I've searched around, and all I can find is more people complaining about the problem and no solutions. It doesn't matter if it's a picture or song that I added to the phone, or that I took/recorded with the phone. They are all duplicated and it is beyond frustrating. Anyone have a solution bookmarked that I missed somewhere? Or have an idea?
    07-17-10 06:44 PM
    I hate bumping my own post, but I still can't figure out a solution to my problem.
    07-24-10 03:14 PM
    Same problem here. All files are duplicated and appear twice. Worse - when I copy the files, I get something like:
    file1.jpg and file1(1).jpg - takes twice as long and then I have to go delete the dupes. What a pain. RIM, are you listening?
    Last edited by spaustin; 08-09-10 at 09:06 PM. Reason: forgot title
    08-09-10 09:05 PM
    I did a little searching and found these two threads that may help.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/us...olders-425196/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f146/pr...t-post-382862/

Good Luck!
    Last edited by DJM1947; 08-09-10 at 10:29 PM.
    08-09-10 10:25 PM
    Dude... same problem... get any help with it?
    08-11-10 11:31 AM
    I had this happen do to me before. I don't remember what I ended up doing. Maybe I deleted everything and added back what I wanted. Or I had my Storm replaced. I can't remember since I'm on my 5th phone.
    08-11-10 02:30 PM
    You can try this Duplicate File Deleter its very useful for you because it can delete all duplicate files eg.-music,EXE. and same name files etc.

I had a similar problem many times. The duplicate files are such that they my hard drives used to end up with bad sectors. Also, there was always a shortage of free space. I regularly use "Duplicate Files Deleter" when i feel that my computer is lagging. Youshould try it too and i'm sure that you won't regret it.
    07-18-15 02:25 PM
    Duplicate Files Deleter is surely the most suitable tool to handle this type of problem.
    08-10-15 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD