Have curve---im a neat freak- worried about the dust under screen complaints I'm reading about....is this a valid concern? Is dust noticable? Also hearing (and seeing friends) on 2nd and 3rd storms....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 09:40 AM
    The dust under the screen is a valid reason. Not only does it look bad but it also can burn a screen out. I also didnt like how it always looks smugged with finger prints, which is inevitable because its a touch sreen. I got a storm on release day and had the dust in screen issue, so i returned it an went back to my curve. It dont matter how many storms you get this is going to be an issue. The curve is rock solid, reliable, and looks clean! lol
    01-08-09 09:48 AM
    Thanks.....will hold out til curve 2 or bold on verizon I think

01-08-09 09:50 AM
    Have curve---im a neat freak- worried about the dust under screen complaints I'm reading about....is this a valid concern? Is dust noticable? Also hearing (and seeing friends) on 2nd and 3rd storms....

I've had mine for a month and have never had dust underneath my screen
    01-08-09 09:52 AM
    I would avoid the storm then. I have no dust issues but the finger smudges still make me wince as a fellow neat freak

01-08-09 09:53 AM
    You may be one of the lucky ones, have you noticed any issues at all with yours?
    01-08-09 09:54 AM
    I have never had an issue with dust under the screen. I believe that issue has already been addressed by RIM + Verizon. If that is whats holding you back, you need not worry. Also any touch screed phone will leave finger prints, Oh how i love using this phone after eating some really oily pizza.
    01-08-09 09:56 AM
    You may be one of the lucky ones, have you noticed any issues at all with yours?
    I think I AM lucky - I've had none of the physical problems others have had -- like dust, light leaks around the screen, clicking difficulties, etc. Only issues I've ever had were OS-related when I tried to go to .85. My phone has been perfect otherwise.

And I'm also a neat freak!
    01-08-09 09:56 AM
    I think I AM lucky - I've had none of the physical problems others have had -- like dust, light leaks around the screen, clicking difficulties, etc. Only issues I've ever had were OS-related when I tried to go to .85. My phone has been perfect otherwise.

And I'm also a neat freak!
    .85 gave me quite a few issues too, so i went back to .75
    01-08-09 09:58 AM
    The dust under the screen is a valid reason. Not only does it look bad but it also can burn a screen out. I also didnt like how it always looks smugged with finger prints, which is inevitable because its a touch sreen. I got a storm on release day and had the dust in screen issue, so i returned it an went back to my curve. It dont matter how many storms you get this is going to be an issue. The curve is rock solid, reliable, and looks clean! lol
    Nuts to this! I totally disagree! I have had my Storm in every pocket I own at one time or another it sits on my desk @ work, on my lap in the can, and on my desk @ home, I wipe it when it gets smudged and I treat it like I treat my PSP, DX, and cameras (with respect) and I have NOT had the infamous lint issue or any issue to speak of!

The Storm has become a extension of me! I love it and it is by far the best phone I have ever owned!

I can even quote the great Homer Simpson when he describes his TV.

"My Storm is my teacher, mother, . . . secret lover!" (wipe a tear)

LOL (sorry)

This was my 2 cents.

James
    01-08-09 09:59 AM
    .85 gave me quite a few issues too, so i went back to .75
    I did as well and have no complaints. I have no issue waiting for the next official OS release, whenever that is and whatever number it is lol.
    01-08-09 10:00 AM
    No dust issue here and I have my Storm sitting on my desk all day while I am filing away at people's nails. (Wish I could say that about the rest of the shop).
    01-08-09 10:09 AM
    What dust issues are you guys always talking about? I had to return 2 storms for various reasons but not the dust issue.

I've put the storm by a lightsource, no dust. Must be your minds playing tricks.
    01-08-09 10:10 AM
    What dust issues are you guys always talking about? I had to return 2 storms for various reasons but not the dust issue.

I've put the storm by a lightsource, no dust. Must be your minds playing tricks.
    Your on #3 ? What were the isues?
    01-08-09 10:13 AM
    Your on #3 ? What were the isues?
    ha, some people are on #5!! I think once you get to that point, you have to consider whether or not the phone is for you. I mean, how can one person get 5 bad phones in a row??
    01-08-09 10:15 AM
    I have had 3 different Storms and have not had any dust issues. I got a replacement yesterday and the build seems to be more solid than my first 2. The light leak around the screen is much less. I think that if there is going to be any dust that gets in there it will happen within the first 30 days. If that did happen you could try another one or go back to your curve. Although I have had issues with my phone with hardware I am pretty impressed with the build with this one so far. Good luck
    01-08-09 10:17 AM
    Im just throwing it out there.. If youve had more than 2 bad Storms in a row, whats the chances of getting one that works for you?
    01-08-09 10:18 AM
    I haven't had any dust under my screen either!
    01-08-09 10:21 AM
    1.5 months and no dust. Prints and smudges can only be seen on a completely black screen in my experience. I think it is very cool that I can type away on here and not see one print/smudge.

01-08-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD