Hi All,
    So, I've got my Storm set for network time. When I check the date/time settings, it says the network time is an hour ahead of the Storm clock. If I click, "Update Time", nothing changes. I tried changing the clock manually, but then all my calendar items are an hour off.

I've only used "The Missing Sync" software to sync with my Mac and haven't done this since the DST change. Can someone tell me what's going on and more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks, in advanced.
    03-09-09 09:48 AM
    Hi All,
    So, I've got my Storm set for network time. When I check the date/time settings, it says the network time is an hour ahead of the Storm clock. If I click, "Update Time", nothing changes. I tried changing the clock manually, but then all my calendar items are an hour off.

I've only used "The Missing Sync" software to sync with my Mac and haven't done this since the DST change. Can someone tell me what's going on and more importantly, how to fix it?

Thanks, in advanced.

Not sure why. I would check settings/options/"date/time" and confirm the time zone is correct for your area. FYI. I'm in the "Eastern Time" Time Zone and I use "Blackberry" as a time source and my Strom got the DST change right.

I question I would propose to the Crackberry forum is... Does the "Blackberry" setting in Date/Time use RIM's time clock as a time source. I believe the "Network" setting uses your own carrier's clock as a source. I've done a ton of battery pulls and I never had to set the clock with "Blackberry" as the setting.
    03-09-09 10:08 AM
    I changed my source to BB and did a battery pull. No change. Anyone else have any thoughts? I can't believe the OS doesn't have DST built into it.
    03-09-09 12:03 PM
    The changeover went fine for my phone, got to be something you (or an app) set different on your phone.
    03-09-09 12:18 PM
    I found the problem over in the Bold forums.
    Below is the link. You'll have to cut and paste it because of a limitation on links in the CB forums.
    forums.crackberry.com/f83/daylight-savings-time-google-calendar-glitch-178135/

Bottom line: I had Central America, not Central set for the time zone. Oops.
    03-09-09 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD