Well my storm has its first wounds. I was at the golf course driving the cart when I took a turn myStorm fell out of my pocket and tumbled across the cement. I'm happy to report its still working great. Not even a reboot. I just wanted to let everyone its tougher than it looks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 03:50 PM
    It looks pretty tough to me. It's big and heavy. Seems like a solid sturdy phone IMO.
    12-06-08 03:55 PM
    I was hanging speakers yesterday, about 10' in the air, over some bowling lanes (I manage a bowling center). Anyway, I got a call while I was on the ladder, took it real quick then set my phone on top of the speaker I just hung. After I was done wiring the speaker up I forgot that the phone was on top. I went up front, and crunk up the music... The bass vibrated my phone off the top of the speaker, and fell to the lane below...

No bubbles no troubles... Took the hit like a champ... Scared the **** out of me though.... lol...
    12-06-08 04:03 PM
    Did you notice which side hit first? Seems like it would be fine if it lands on it's back, but I would worry about the screen popping out or something if it lands screen side first. In general though it seems well built. Glad yours is fine!
    12-06-08 04:03 PM
    yeah, it does feel like a nice piece of hardware. i'm just saying sometimes when something looks so good it could give you the impression that it's easy to break. maybe that's just me though.
    12-06-08 04:04 PM
    I know what you mean...i it's lightweight and flimsy you tend to think it will just absorb a fall, whereas the Storm is heavy and solid so you expect something bad to happen. I know I threw around my old Samsung Alias quite a bit and it never broke, bit it's smaller and lighter. Do you have any protector on your phone? I just got one of those snap on plastic ones, but it's such a PITA to remove once it's on that I'm not using it. Too hard to replace the battery if I need to and even worse it won't fit in the docking station. I was hoping it would be easier to remove when needed.
    12-06-08 04:12 PM
    The biggest scratch is just below the buttons, then a smaller scratch on the top right corner. It kinda cartwheeled.
    12-06-08 06:26 PM
    Maybe the reason the phone was buggy at release was because they spent alot of their time drop testing it!

that would be good, you can always remove bugs, you cant make a phone more drop proof once its sold though.
    12-06-08 06:32 PM
    Yea I dropped mine on the sidewalk on Thanksgiving Day (it was painfully slow motion for me as it kept hitting the concrete), I was cursing a storm up... but when I picked it up there were scratches, but not half as many as I expected.

Still pissed about the few that I did get though
    12-06-08 07:04 PM
    I've gone through plenty of drops myself on all kinds of surfaces and it is still working as well as it did when i pulled it out of the box. The appearance is a little different with a few scratches (barely noticeable). The common conclusion is, the Storm is built like a tank and is pretty reliable structure wise.
    12-06-08 07:26 PM
    wife dropped hers and the screen popped off, she snapped it back on and still works fine . . .
    12-06-08 07:35 PM
    wife dropped hers and the screen popped off, she snapped it back on and still works fine . . .
    What did it look like underneath and how easy was it to reattach? If it happens again (and I hope it doesn't), can you take some photos?
    12-06-08 08:00 PM
    pics...
    12-06-08 08:01 PM
    there are pics available of a dissected Storm out there . . . believe was easy to pop back on, as she did it while walking through the mall . . .
    12-06-08 09:12 PM
    Glad to hear the phone is sturdy and durable. I haven't dropped mine yet but I would have a stroke if I did!
    12-06-08 09:15 PM
    Mine was in my lap when I got out of the car. It crashed onto the parking lot face down. The battery cover popped off, but that's it. I have on BodyGuards so I did not have any scratches.
    12-07-08 02:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD