So it happened I finally dropped my storm, and now I am having a hard time clicking the bottom left and top right part of the screen close to the corners. The other two corners upper left and bottom right are fine. I am using a business card behind the battery cover which has helped tremendously with the clicking before. When I take the card our the phone click experience is horrible all around, with the card there is just the issue in the two corners. Do you guys think if I adjust the screws it will help? I really do not want to have to go to the store and get a refurbished phone.
    03-29-09 03:41 PM
    sorry - i can't help you on this one! i would say go for the insurance because you don't want to mess with it and void the warranty! but good luckkkkk!!!
    03-29-09 03:46 PM
    Anybody else have any input?!?!
    03-30-09 08:51 AM
    That happened to me too. The best thing to do is get a refurbished one, that's what I did. Plus you may get a replacement Storm with a better more "clickable" screen. I was fortunate enough to have that happen so keep your fingers crossed. It's not all that bad, I mean you get to walk around with two Storms in your pocket for a couple days.
    03-30-09 09:08 AM
    as I see it you have 3 options.

1. try the paper behind the battery trick.. ( I currently use this and works well)
    2. loosen your tork screws (only reason I havent tried this is I dont have anything to fit in there or I would)

-or-

take it back to the store...

first 2 options cant hurt.... no?
    03-30-09 09:10 AM
    This happened to me also. I just went to sears and bought a t-6 torx (looks like a screwdriver with a star on the end instead of a philips or regular head) and took off my battery cover and losened the 2 torx screws under the battery cover. I losened them maybe 1/8 of a turn at a time each time checking the clickability of the screen. One of the screws isunder the (-) battery water indicator thing.
    Last edited by budlightnmyhand; 03-30-09 at 09:14 AM.
    03-30-09 09:11 AM
    Yea you might as well try to loosen the screws because if something gets messed up you can take it back to the store, they will still replace it if you have messed with the screws. However, I don't know much about playing with the screws to get the screen click better so I can't offer any great feedback. Sorry.
    03-30-09 09:13 AM
    Same here. Bought a t6 torn adjusted the screws and all is fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD