Can I ask what are you doing to reduce the amount of oil smears//smudges on your screen from touching ? I have the VZ screen protector and its so easy for smudges to appear on it! I have the BestSkinEver screen protector but I haven't tried applying it yet. Will this help? Whats your input? How's your screen also?
    12-17-08 08:51 PM
    Yea I have the same problem on mine. I just whip it with the cloth that came with the screen protector. I am guessing the "better" protector won't leave as much smudges / Oily screen.
    12-17-08 08:54 PM
    I know this might sound lame, but...wash your hands??

Some people just have more oily fingers than others naturally, there are lotions that can help reduce this. I have very few smudges on mine, and I know I have middle of the road "oiliness"...
    12-17-08 08:56 PM
    I am not too sure about BSE protectors, but the PhantomSKinz protector is very helpful when it comes to reducing smudges (I only have to wipe it off once per day, and I am a greasy man!).

I would recommend ordering a screen only kit from PS, but do as you wish as I have no experience with BSE, just IS and PS.
    12-17-08 08:57 PM
    The Storm is a touch screen. It's going to get smudges on the screen, and there's really nothing that can be done about it.
    12-17-08 09:01 PM
    I hate to break it to you, but all touch screen devices get this way. AND.. you're only human, so you will leave prints on it.

Since this is never going to go away, I suggest get used to it. You can always clean the screen at the end of the day.

I use monitor wipes to pick up the oil and smudges. I think they do a better job that just wiping it with a micro fiber cloth, since they have a small amount of alcohol (I think that's what that dampness is). You can use the cloth to buff the screen until it shines.
    12-17-08 09:03 PM
    I still have not recieved my blackberry yet, but I was wondering dont the blackberry storms come with the "clear screen" to protect from scratches and such? because if that is so then who cares about the smudges, you can just wipe it down.

just my $0.02
    12-17-08 09:11 PM
    I hate to break it to you, but all touch screen devices get this way. AND.. you're only human, so you will leave prints on it.

Since this is never going to go away, I suggest get used to it. You can always clean the screen at the end of the day.

I use monitor wipes to pick up the oil and smudges. I think they do a better job that just wiping it with a micro fiber cloth, since they have a small amount of alcohol (I think that's what that dampness is). You can use the cloth to buff the screen until it shines.
    As good as that may sound... I've seen iphones with screen protectors that are actually anti-fingerprint. Google it
    12-17-08 09:12 PM
    I have some cleaner that drastically reduces fingerprints on the display, but you still get them although not as bad. Honestly, I carry a micro fiber cloth with me anyway, so I use it when my display gets cruddy. Also, I use hand sanitizer throughout the day and that makes your fingers less oily.
    12-17-08 09:30 PM
    The GA I have on mine makes it significantly easier to wipe off oil. One swipe with a microfiber cloth and the Storm is squeaky clean.
    12-17-08 09:44 PM
    I just placed the BodyGuardz brand protector on my storm. The full body protection(2 sets) was 24.95, and there's a screen-only protector for 14.95. It REALLY reduces that greasiness that I was having without any protection on the screen. Go check out their stuff if you're interested.

I can't place urls yet, cuz I don't have 10 posts. But just search Bodyguardz.
    12-17-08 10:13 PM
    I install IS sceen protector on mine and the fingerprints are far less visible and gives the screen a nice feel.
    12-17-08 10:21 PM
    As good as that may sound... I've seen iphones with screen protectors that are actually anti-fingerprint. Google it
    Well, maybe you should Google anti-fingerprint screen protectors for the Blackberry Storm. Although now you will just get fingerprints on the screen protector, maybe not as bad, but they will be there, and you'll still have to wipe.

Just enjoy the phone.
    12-17-08 11:29 PM
    Wash yer hands after eating cheetos... this is a must. Carry around a soft micro fiber cloth (like for cleaning eye glasses) and wipe it off every so often. Especially before showing off yer new Storm.
    12-17-08 11:52 PM
    I have the vzw screen protector with 4 layers of zaino wax. It doesnt help prevent but makes it much easier to clean, and smells nice. I'd really only use a sealant on the screen. But do not put any wax or sealant directly on the screen.
    12-17-08 11:55 PM
    WTF!!! You use car wax on you screen protector?!!!? Damn you must be very protective of it!!!
    12-18-08 03:54 AM
    I agree with the GA suggestion. Greatly reduced the fingerprints on my screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 04:01 AM
    Touchscreen = Fingerprints

Reduce smudge/oily screen = Touch less often

Just giving you a hard time! Like others have said, learn to look past the smudgy screen!
    12-18-08 04:02 AM
    I install IS sceen protector on mine and the fingerprints are far less visible and gives the screen a nice feel.
    I also have IS...and agree 100%
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pic...shield-104789/
    12-18-08 04:08 AM
    Smudges are going to happen no matter what. Theres no such thing as smudge proof plastic/glass because the oils on your fingers/cheek will be rubbed off no matter what.

I have the invisible shield protector and it's a little less noticeable. Without a screen protector it seems to build up more.
    12-18-08 04:13 AM
    Ghost Armor has made a world of difference with my screen. No smudges or fingerprints. I just wipe the phone down with a microfiber every few days or so. (before the Ghost Armor, the screen was oily and smudged all the time)
    12-18-08 06:34 AM
    The screen protector that came with the storm works great! No smudges at all!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-18-08 06:41 AM
    Try the antiglare screen from JavoEdge works great without smudges.
    12-18-08 08:07 AM
    Can I ask what are you doing to reduce the amount of oil smears//smudges on your screen from touching ? I have the VZ screen protector and its so easy for smudges to appear on it! I have the BestSkinEver screen protector but I haven't tried applying it yet. Will this help? Whats your input? How's your screen also?

get it completelly spotless and seal it in a vacuum that should keep it clean and smear free! just avin a laff mate dont take it the wrong way
    12-18-08 10:23 AM
    Bodygardz on my iPod Touch hardly ever need cleaning if my hands were not eating fried chicken or the like. I find my iPod Touch doesn't need cleaning as much. Only problem with Bodygardz is they are expensive. I haven't looked too closely for the Storm but I wonder if you can remove the battery cover after putting the back Bodygardz on. Anyway, I thought I'd pass that along....
    12-18-08 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD