I just Googled Download Movies and got a TON of sites. How can you tell
    which ones are legit? I don't mind paying $2-5 for a movie if it saves me
    the time of trying to change format. I saw some listed as downloadable in
    DivX format- isn't that what I can use for my Storm? I got lost in the other
    posts about changing formats, torrent, etc... I don't have a clue!!
    Thanks,
    Renee
    11-20-08 09:51 PM
    What operating system do you have? If you have a Mac I can help right away without having to break to you that you have to buy from itunes. No site other than retail stores like amazon walmart etc are actually legit. You just need a good video converter. I got a few for windows stashed somewhere. And NO, divx doesn't work on the storm. Avi is owned by divx. They won't give their codecs to companies for free. That's why mpeg is used.
    11-20-08 09:55 PM
    I'm not the op but I have a mac and I'm interested in learning how to do this. Care to explain if u don't mind. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 09:57 PM
    No Mac- I'm on a Toshiba using Vista.
    Thanks!
    Renee
    11-20-08 09:59 PM
    What operating system do you have? If you have a Mac I can help right away without having to break to you that you have to buy from itunes. No site other than retail stores like amazon walmart etc are actually legit. You just need a good video converter. I got a few for windows stashed somewhere. And NO, divx doesn't work on the storm. Avi is owned by divx. They won't give their codecs to companies for free. That's why mpeg is used.
    DivX and XviD videos work on the Storm,Bold, Curve 8900 and the flip. Dunno where you pulled your info from but it's ENTIRELY wrong, and this sillyness about AVI being owned by DivX is so off base, AVI is a container method owned by Microsoft.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 11-20-08 at 10:31 PM.
    11-20-08 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD