hey everyone,

so my prob. is that my DM does not have an application loader as an option. with my pearl, as soon as i installed DM from the CD it automatically was an option in the DM. But with my Storm's DM CD, application loader is not present. the only options i see are "backup and restore", "Device switch wizard", and "synchronize". Am i suppose to download it separately somewhere? and if so where? I've search everywhere and have no luck.

To everyone who gets annoyed about not using the forums search button: i used it but did find anything that relates to my problem. if you do show me a link and i'll gladly say i'm sorry.
    04-04-09 05:52 AM
    hey everyone,

so my prob. is that my DM does not have an application loader as an option. with my pearl, as soon as i installed DM from the CD it automatically was an option in the DM. But with my Storm's DM CD, application loader is not present. the only options i see are "backup and restore", "Device switch wizard", and "synchronize". Am i suppose to download it separately somewhere? and if so where? I've search everywhere and have no luck.

To everyone who gets annoyed about not using the forums search button: i used it but did find anything that relates to my problem. if you do show me a link and i'll gladly say i'm sorry.
    You should see it immediately it comes with DM. Try uninstalling then reinstalling it
    04-04-09 06:19 AM
    try restarting your pc.
    and battery pull
    04-04-09 06:21 AM
    You should see it immediately it comes with DM. Try uninstalling then reinstalling it
    thanks for the quick response with the advice, but i've tried that. ive uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times already. right now i'm about to download the DM from either the verizon website or blackberry website to see if that helps.
    04-04-09 06:34 AM
    try restarting your pc.
    and battery pull
    thanks for the suggestions, i've restarted the several times i had to reinstall DM. but i havent done a battery pull. i need to look up what that is all about and ill give it a shot. thanks again!
    04-04-09 06:35 AM
    any more advice/suggestions?
    04-04-09 12:57 PM
    Download different version of desktop manager from the website, obviously something is wrong with your CD installer.

Or browse to the folder where it actually installs and see if it is there..

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader/Loader.exe
    04-04-09 01:00 PM
    Download different version of desktop manager from the website, obviously something is wrong with your CD installer.

Or browse to the folder where it actually installs and see if it is there..

C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader/Loader.exe
    from researching different forums and googling my prob. ive seen that come up a few times "C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/App Loader/Loader.exe" so i went and i search for it. i couldnt find it. everytime i open DM or search for loader.exe it gives me a msg saying something like "failed to start because WINDHTTP.dll not found". im going to try to install a older version.
    04-04-09 01:30 PM
    Thats a windows error...your windows is fubarred, you can probably just download the DLL and all would be fine after that.
    04-04-09 01:43 PM
    Thats a windows error...your windows is fubarred, you can probably just download the DLL and all would be fine after that.
    really? ok we'll i'll try both your suggestions, dl diff version or dl that one particular file. hopefully one will work. thanks for your help! i appreciate it
    04-04-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD