how do i set it to download to my sd card instead of internal memory?
    04-02-09 11:56 AM
    You can't.
    04-02-09 12:08 PM
    cant..........
    04-02-09 12:09 PM
    this has been addressed in so many threads.

there isn't a way to store apps on external memory. search the threads and read people's thoughts.
    04-02-09 12:09 PM
    here's my thoughts. LAME. so there is only so many apps you can download till you run out of space? i download two "lite" apps and a radio app then went today to get the stupid level app and it says I'm running low. i haven't even gotten started yet.
    04-02-09 12:24 PM
    Im guessing your memory was running low, not your 1GB storage space
    04-02-09 12:51 PM
    I use BBfileScout and according to it, all my 3rd party apps are on my sd card. I moved them all there once i installed BBfileScout or either it did it itself. I can't remeber. I have had it awhile and done a lot of moving and deleting with it.
    04-02-09 01:04 PM
    Im guessing your memory was running low, not your 1GB storage space
    why and how do i fix it?
    04-02-09 01:31 PM
    why and how do i fix it?
    Nothing to fix, since this is the intended behavior. Blackberry phones are more utilitarian, not toys like the Jesus Phone tends to be used as.
    04-02-09 01:33 PM
    I use BBfileScout and according to it, all my 3rd party apps are on my sd card. I moved them all there once i installed BBfileScout or either it did it itself. I can't remeber. I have had it awhile and done a lot of moving and deleting with it.
    waiting for this to get ripped to shreds.

why and how do i fix it?
    battery pull. good to go
    04-02-09 01:39 PM
    Anyone have any comments on this? Is this possible to do with BBFileScout?
    04-02-09 01:40 PM
    I would think if it was, it would be the #1 SELLING app (regardless of what the price was!!!!).

But please god let me be wrong. let it really work. someone tell us it really works!!!!!!!
    04-02-09 01:42 PM
    waiting for this to get ripped to shreds.

battery pull. good to go
    What about Aerize Card Loader? I use that to get my 3rd party apps on the sd card.
    04-02-09 01:42 PM
    doesn't look like Aerize Card Loader works with the storm. Not saying it doesn't!!!! Just looking though their site and see this with the latest update

support for BlackBerry OS 4.5
    04-02-09 01:49 PM
    anyone have this running on a storm?
    04-02-09 02:19 PM
    anyone have this running on a storm?
    It works on my Storm just fine.
    04-02-09 02:23 PM
    Good enough for me! I'm gonna give it a shake.

Sweet bike by the way. Keep the rubber side down
    04-02-09 02:25 PM
    Good enough for me! I'm gonna give it a shake.

Sweet bike by the way. Keep the rubber side down
    For some reason CaptureIt won't take a picture of it. Maybe because CaptureIt is running off the card.....who knows.

Ditto! Rubber side down.
    04-02-09 02:28 PM
    here's my thoughts. LAME. so there is only so many apps you can download till you run out of space? i download two "lite" apps and a radio app then went today to get the stupid level app and it says I'm running low. i haven't even gotten started yet.
    I agree. It is ridiculous that they have an APP STORE where they expect you to download lots of applications, free or otherwise, and eventually (usually sooner than later) you will run out of memory. My memory space starts at about 10mb after a battery pull and goes down from there over the course of a day and eventually gets to 0.0 necessitating another battery pull.

RIM needs to address this by making more memory available to applications through the OS or a third party needs to come up with an application to move programs to the SD card. (My old Palm Treo had a program to do that.)

I hope it is soon.
    04-02-09 02:32 PM
    Read what Kurrupt 1 has posted. he posted a 3rd party app that will do just that.

I have to wait till I'm home to try, stupid USB Cable. why don't I have that damn thing here????
    04-02-09 02:40 PM
    I'm interested to know if this works as well. I can't even find my applications on my device using BBFileScout, haha.
    04-02-09 02:47 PM
    According to their website, it was updated last in May 2008 long before the Storm was released.
    04-02-09 02:51 PM
    SBUDAJ you said after a battery pull you only have 10 megs......what do you have that is eating up so much space...video, audio, pictures????
    04-02-09 03:09 PM
    I think its funny if the storm had the iphone os there wouldn't even be enough memory for it. (270 mb)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 03:11 PM
    Card Loader does NOT run apps from the sd card...
    Straight form their website:
    How does the save to SD card via OTA option work?

Aerize Card Loader allows you to load and unload applications from the SD Card, much like the BlackBerry Desktop Manager's Application Loader on a personal computer. This allows conservation of precious device memory, by using the storage space on the media card while the application is not in use.
    When saved to SD Card via OTA, a copy is saved to the card while the OTA is downloaded and installed to the device. It will be installed, saved to the device, and saved to the card. You can unload and reload from the SD Card at this point.

The "save to SD card" option doesn't seem to be available.

This is a permissions issue. See about setting permissions.

How does Card Loader work in general?

The BlackBerry contains only a limited amount of flash memory for holding themes, applications, and media. Fortunately all of the most recent BlackBerry devices also feature a MicroSD card port -- but, they still lack the ability to transfer programs to the main memory from the SD card as you might expect to be able to do.

Aerize Card Loader lets you do this. Here's how to manage your memory with Card Loader:

Download programs to the media card,
    Load the application to the device when desired,
    Unload the application when you're done with it.
    04-02-09 03:13 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD