Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

28 59.57%
  • no

10 21.28%
  • undecided

9 19.15%
    I went to the verizon store today just to look at the new storm. I have to say it was a little laggy. Maybe people in the store using it screwed with it but it just wasn't all I thought it would be. I have a curve and I think I wold like a bold better. It was kind of slow going in and out of the applications and the browser was not as responsive as I wanted it to be. I used it only for 20 minutes but I have to say I wont be killing myself to get one. At least not right now. I am sure when software updates come out it will get better.

What are your thoughts?
    11-21-08 03:57 PM
    I first played with the Storm this morning for about five minutes. I HATED it, but had read enough reviews to know that I needed more time with it. I decided to buy it knowing that I could get some QT and then return it later if my feelings did not change.

I had to wait three hours (due to NE computer problems), so after an hour I decided to play with it while I was waiting. I spent 2 hours with the store model. I figured out that just about every single app was open. Once I closed them all and played around for a little while I LIKED it. I am still not in love with it, but I could be. The screen is outstanding. I need to get used to how to use it more quickly. I have already improved my typing. The lag wasn't terrible once the programs were closed, but still somewhat slow. I am going to be hated on, but it seems (at this point) that it was over hyped.

I would classify me as undecided at the moment, but there is great potential.
    11-21-08 04:14 PM
    I'm going to give them more time to work out the issues. I had a lot of hope but after playing with it yesterday, I didn't think it was worth dealing with the hype
    11-21-08 04:19 PM
    Yes I agree. Screen was nice but not fast enough for me. I email and text for work all day I need to be able to move and even when I was exiting an app I was like come one!beautifulk screen but I am not spenidn 500 on the screen. I have a curve and I will strick with that for the moment. I have to say right now I like iphone much better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 04:22 PM
    Why Would we Hate You?

Opinions are like a$$holes- Everyone Has one.

RIM is trying to cover all niches in the Market.

For those who want a compact phone theres the Pearl, For those who want a cute QWERTY phone theres the Curve, for those who want a Touchscreen phone, theres the Storm...

Just like the iPhone, the Storm is sure to please some, irk others, or just remain completely off the radar.

Remember, You get to choose your Bedfellows.

RIM doesn't choose for you.
    11-21-08 04:29 PM
    I do hope they improve it. Becvause if iphone comes to verizOn I would jump on that as of right now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 10:23 AM
    This is madness, i have had for a week and now i love it. I had a curve, and at the start that was laggy , slow and i hated it. I then grew to love it and found to be brilliant. My first storm was awful, changed it and is nearly perfect. Ok there are a few problems, like shortcuts that u dont have on the curve. Also i read people have problems doing text etc, easy solution-make text characters bigger. Then keyboard is easier to type. There will always be problems on any new phone. When updates come out , will be even better. To all you guys who dont seem hapi, think bak to all your phones , cameras , computers etc that when you first got them were they perfect at the start? I was in the Vodafone store and was slating it when i had a bad one, got a new one and then felt very different after that. Yeah ok , a couple of problems but they will be sorted-enjoy
    11-22-08 01:54 PM
    I am sure it well get better with updates but I am not jumping on it.
    11-22-08 03:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD