So yesterday my phone keypad would not come up on a brand new out of the box Storm, my 7th one since getting the original in Dec. of 2008. I am going to the Tour compliments of an understanding Verizon rep, no charge. I am done with this piece of ****.
    10-14-09 03:42 PM
    That was a sweet story, could you tell it again?!

Looking 6 months into the future:
    So yesterday my phone trackball would not work on a brand new out of the box Tour, my 7th one since getting the original in Oct. of 2009. I am going to the Razr compliments of an understanding Verizon rep, no charge. I am done with this piece of ****.
    In all seriousness, reps will typically do that once you've gone through so many faulty replacements. Hope the trackball on the Tour holds out.
    10-14-09 04:06 PM
    I wish you best of luck as well. I mean, it sounds like you're average here is one new/refurb'd Storm every six weeks.

If I had (ever had) that kind of experience, I think I'd go back to using my landline exclusively........with one heck of a long extension cord. Nice feature there is no worries about using it in your car; those laws only apply to cell phones (cc'ing Schwarzenegger on this point).
    10-14-09 05:10 PM
    well now that you ahve a Tour, maybe you could post in the right forum?

mods, please move to R&R
    10-14-09 05:15 PM
    Do these people ever think it might be them (user error) causing the damage?

I mean come on. 7 phones?
    10-14-09 05:34 PM
    I know about 8 personal friends using their original storms with no issues and one ****** that keeps messing his up via bad apps or user stupidity. I even upgraded his OS and used it myself for a day error free. One day later he was taking it back to verizon for the 5th time and got a tour. I believe there are bad storms out there but I seriously believe 95%+ is ******-bag error.
    10-14-09 05:43 PM
    Uhm... totally understand the whole going through 7 phones.. but not blackberries... sorry... I had 7 LG voyagers through verizon before they upgraded me... but my storm has worked perfect since the day i got it. so yeah gotta agree it's prolly an ID10T error..
    10-14-09 05:45 PM

Oh boy, here we go. Ive been called every name under the sun for saying that.
    10-14-09 05:45 PM
    Still on my original Storm day one in November 08. I think most of the problems with people running through multiple phones is user error and being overly critical. My phone has been rock solid & I'm really getting sick of all those lame a$$ threads.
    10-14-09 05:47 PM

Oh boy, here we go. Ive been called every name under the sun for saying that.
    10-14-09 05:50 PM
    lol!!!!

"my keypad wouldn't come up"

sounds like a software problem to me

I'm not sure that I would return a PC when if my system blue screens? or a mac when its new OS starts deleting files?

I would look into what might possibly be causing the software to glitch
    Last edited by kinggeoff; 10-14-09 at 06:16 PM.
    10-14-09 05:53 PM
    I had 7, got a pearl flip, and came back. I missed the big screen and yeah, it had its faults, but it worked alright. I am going to try not to knit pick it as much as I did. Coming back to it felt great. I have been using it a few days no issues.

Which reminds me, I need to update my sig and pic
    10-14-09 05:55 PM
    Obviously, you don't have the required skills to operate a Storm. 7 is definitely operator error. Let me guess...you like themes that make your phone look like an iPhone. You'll probably have similar mysterious problems with your Tour. I suggest a flip phone...maybe something by Motorola with a minmal amount of buttons.
    10-14-09 06:02 PM
    Wow 7 storms. I have mine with me here in Afganistian, it has not failed me yet.
    10-14-09 06:14 PM
    Obviously, you don't have the required skills to operate a Storm. 7 is definitely operator error. Let me guess...you like themes that make your phone look like an iPhone. You'll probably have similar mysterious problems with your Tour. I suggest a flip phone...maybe something by Motorola with a minmal amount of buttons.
    This is probably a little more suited for him:
    10-14-09 08:51 PM
    Lmao... is that a real phone? ^^
    10-14-09 08:59 PM
    Yea its real. awesome first phone for kids.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 09:03 PM
    The migo or something like that? lol i remember when they first came out. You can call like 3 pre-programed numbers. I agree, it's what he needs.

No issues with my storm to date. And my room mate was one of the people to win a storm on here before the release (he was the paintball guy) and his is still nice and strong!
    10-14-09 09:59 PM
    And actually you appear to be "done" with grammar. Technically you are finished. You are not a turkey so you can't be done.

10-14-09 10:18 PM
    Stick a fork in him... He is done.
    10-14-09 10:19 PM
    Mm 7 phones. DanG! I'm on number 2 in 4 weeks. 1st one kept re booting after I listen to my mp3s. New storm works like a charm!

10-14-09 10:42 PM
    Hmmmm not a gripe until now. Not even when you cracked your screen a couple of months ago. Haven't complained until I guess you wanted the Tour. Oh well. Good luck!
    10-14-09 10:50 PM
    That was a sweet story, could you tell it again?!

Looking 6 months into the future:

In all seriousness, reps will typically do that once you've gone through so many faulty replacements. Hope the trackball on the Tour holds out.
    This was the best response. My question is: why when people are "done" they must post that they are? Mods should just delete this crap. We all know it's user error and if that MOVE ON!

10-15-09 12:33 AM
    I can see how it is possible to have 7 without user error. I did, and I am proficient in all that is crackberry. Mine were: screens that did not click (SurePress not working properly), screens with a LOT of light leak, screens with dead pixels, screens with a lot of dust, screen giving out on TWO consecutive units. That's when I got my refurb #7 and never used it. I went to a pearl flip.

I came back because of the nice screen size and I was hoping a few months away from it would help with the frustration of it. I got to say, with some tweaking (re: beta os) and some nice skins I am in love all over again. Not to say I will never want to throw it against a wall or anything when I see the timer of death, but I have a new found appreciation for it, that's for sure.
    10-15-09 06:12 PM
    I can see how it is possible to have 7 without user error. I did, and I am proficient in all that is crackberry. Mine were: screens that did not click (SurePress not working properly), screens with a LOT of light leak, screens with dead pixels, screens with a lot of dust, screen giving out on TWO consecutive units. That's when I got my refurb #7 and never used it. I went to a pearl flip.

I came back because of the nice screen size and I was hoping a few months away from it would help with the frustration of it. I got to say, with some tweaking (re: beta os) and some nice skins I am in love all over again. Not to say I will never want to throw it against a wall or anything when I see the timer of death, but I have a new found appreciation for it, that's for sure.
    This. It varies depending on what you're willing to put up with. Odds of 7 bad phones may be extremely low, but it isn't impossible.

10-15-09 06:31 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD