I did a search on the question, but to no avail.

I dropped my phone at the mall and the battery cover, paper, and battery came flying out. My friends were laughing, but I was not. So that event scared me to buy a silicone case and a pouch. I bought the Verizon wireless universal PDA pouch and saw that the screen turned on when I took the magnetic flap off the case, even when I didn't click the screen. And it turned off when I put the magnetic flap back on. The sales guy said it didn't have the function and the verizon site didn't have that information. So any answers?
    01-23-09 07:17 PM
    the phone does have that function. the magnet turns off the screen to save battery life.
    01-23-09 07:22 PM
    Yeah, the Storm does have that function if you buy the right case.
    01-23-09 07:31 PM
    Thanks for the replies, but thats not what I was askingfor. I was asking if the Universal PDA pouch puts the phone to sleep or not.
    01-23-09 07:35 PM
    from what you explain the pouch does put it to sleep maybe the sales guy doesnt know what he is talking about like most of them.
    01-23-09 07:38 PM
    If you're talking about the case that has the silver lining with the VERIZON logo on it, then yes it does put it to sleep. I have that case. The magnet is strong enough to shut it off either way you put it in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 07:41 PM
    Thanks for the answer. I appreciate the help.
    01-23-09 07:43 PM
    OK, I don't know if it's the case you are talking about, but....I just went to Verizon today and bought the "Phone Sleeve" it seems to be specific to the Storm. It has the BB emblem embossed on it and it has the magnets in it. And....I LOVE IT! I tried the clear case, too bulky. I tried the Sena UltraSlim Pouch, too tight. I tried the Sena LeatherSkin, could not type with it on. This case is great! It is heavier than other leather sleeves, almost rigid. The Storm fits perfectly, snug but not too tight. There are magnets in both sides so it does not matter which way you put it in. I highly reccomend it, and I've done lots of research on this. Good Luck butter fingers!
    01-23-09 07:46 PM
    Thanks for the replies, but thats not what I was askingfor. I was asking if the Universal PDA pouch puts the phone to sleep or not.
    The U PDA pouch turns
    off the screen on entry and turns it on when it exits. This helps preserve battery life. The phone operates normally while in the case. Have someone call you and see for yourself...
    03-27-09 07:44 PM
    Kind of off topic but I had similar with Verizon salesperson this week. I went to buy a leather pouch with the magnet & the salesperson at Verizon told me it didn't exist and there was no such function on the Blackberry or any other phone that he was aware of. So we took out the pouch & he watched it put the phone to sleep. Gotta love it!
    03-27-09 08:11 PM
    Just buy the BB Storm OEM holster. It fits/works right and it's pretty much the same thing, but you know it's made for it.
    03-27-09 10:50 PM
    Just buy the BB Storm OEM holster. It fits/works right and it's pretty much the same thing, but you know it's made for it.
    I learned that lesson the hard way, wanted a case for the Storm before they were out and let the sales rep talk me into buying a case made for the Curve. It fits the Storm perfectly, even a little better than the case made for the Storm, but the magnet is in the wrong place and it won't put the Storm to sleep.
    03-27-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD