Hello,

My phone was bricked during the .148 upgrade. Verizon said it was unfixable, so they sent me a new phone. Does anyone know if you get new or refurb when they replace your phone?
    06-02-09 08:29 PM
    They will only give you a new phone if it was 30 days from your purchased date other than that it will be refurbished.
    06-02-09 08:33 PM
    Mine was a refurbished replacement but don't worry cause you would never know if was refurb unless you read the "Like-New" on the package, they replace everything, including the screen, mines still going strong.

...and you know if it breaks again, just get a new one.
    06-02-09 08:35 PM
    My second storm is a refurb, but it looks and works like new.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:37 PM
    They don't call it "refurb" they call it "certified new" or "certified like new". I found this out when there was something wrong with my Dare. When I asked her would it be a new one she said it would be a "certified new" phone. When I took it to a VZW store they said they would give me a "certified like new" phone. But they both did say if they had to keep replacing the phone then I would get a brand new phone.
    06-02-09 08:38 PM
    Depends on what they happen to have in stock too. If they have no refurbs you will get new. At least that has been my experience with vzw with past phones. Still on my 1st storm

06-02-09 08:47 PM
    The first two replacements I received were refurbished, and both of them had screen problems. I never even activated them, I just called and said they were unacceptable. They are sending me a new phone now, but it puts me in the multi-fru category which can be a pain in the arse.
    06-02-09 08:49 PM
    How do you know what you got? Does it say somewhere? Wasn't having any problems with my phone, it just bricked during the upgrade. Since reading here about fixing a bricked phone, I think I can reload the OS on my original phone. But, just received the (new or "like-new") phone today.
    06-02-09 09:01 PM
    Depends on what they happen to have in stock too. If they have no refurbs you will get new. At least that has been my experience with vzw with past phones. Still on my 1st storm

I don't know about that. Cause the VZW store that I go to was sending a man who needed a replacement phone to another store 3 miles away. It didn't help that a customer was having a brand new one activated. The other customer was a new customer though. But still to be sent to another store to get a certified new phone when you see that they have new ones is crazy. I don't know the end result cause I had to go.
    06-02-09 09:11 PM
    from what i understand you will almost always get a refurb, but from what i was told, the return rate on them, tho i don't know the figures, is significantly less than new phones.
    06-03-09 01:21 AM
    my brother works for asurion and he says it all depends on what they have in stock.
    06-03-09 01:24 AM
    My second storm is a refurb, but it looks and works like new.

Same here it was very nice even came with a new battery door.
    06-03-09 01:38 AM
    New for new within 30 days of original purchase....Certified Like New Replacement for the 1 yr. warranty period in store or d-fill(when they order through the warehouse).....If you have TEC - total equipment coverage(insurance) or extended warranty, you can get a replacement for up to 2 yrs
    06-03-09 02:47 AM
    Verizon does do some things right.....
    06-03-09 04:48 AM
    Hello,

My phone was bricked during the .148 upgrade. Verizon said it was unfixable, so they sent me a new phone. Does anyone know if you get new or refurb when they replace your phone?
    Your phone is not bricked. Follow the recovery thread in my signature.
    06-03-09 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD