A few weeks ago I was at a Bell Mobility stand in a mall and asked to see a working model of the Storm, however when I did the sales person said it takes forever to turn on. So I am just curious does anyone else have that problem?
    02-24-09 11:10 PM
    Yeah. Takes awhile to load up from a Battery Pull. Just do like I do and leave it on all the time. Never had a problem. Occasional Battery pull here and there but no problems at all.
    02-24-09 11:13 PM
    It does take a few minutes to power on. I'm hoping they fix that.
    02-24-09 11:20 PM
    It does take a few minutes to power on. I'm hoping they fix that.
    It's getting better in the Beta releases, but really all BB's take longer than other cel phones to turn on. They are basically small computers after all . . .
    02-24-09 11:23 PM
    It's getting better in the Beta releases, but really all BB's take longer than other cel phones to turn on. They are basically small computers after all . . .
    This is true. Hence why I never got addicted to the Voyager or the LG Dare. Not even the Razor 2. The 8330 started it all for me lol. And the addiction is mainly partly from the phone being somewhat like a computer. Or like Mike said in that interview "Those are tiny Netbooks" hahah
    02-24-09 11:27 PM
    When I turn off my phone using my power button and I turn in back on, it takes like 15 seconds. What's up with that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 11:34 PM
    When I turn off my phone using my power button and I turn in back on, it takes like 15 seconds. What's up with that

It's not really being turned off, it's going into a form of standby mode. They only way to completely turn a BB off is to remove the battery. When you put it back in or do a battery pull you get the 5 minute start up we are talking about.
    02-24-09 11:37 PM

That is more or less hibernation. Really all it does it turn the screen and radio off. When you pull the battery it has to re-load the OS.
    02-24-09 11:41 PM
    5 minute start up time on a hard reset on .90
    02-25-09 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD