I went from a Curve to the storm and really enjoyed the holster settings for the curve. It does not seem to be working that way with my Storm. Does the storm have the same proximity sensor the Curve did? If so, what case am I supposed to be using & which direction am I supposed to store the Storm in the case?
    12-11-08 12:54 PM
    It has a "sleeper magnet" below the screen, slightly below veritical center I beleive.

B/c of the material of the screen and the placement of the magnet, some of the weaker holster/pouches for older blackberries will not trigger the sleeper function on the storm.

So far all the Storm accessories that advertise it work fine.
    The 88** world edition pouch/holsters will work fine.

The curve's pouch is too weak and will not trigger the sleep.
    12-11-08 12:59 PM
    So it's on the front side, not the rear of the phone?
    12-11-08 01:02 PM
    That is correct. I have a case from Seidio and it works like a dream!
    12-11-08 01:54 PM
    So it's on the front side, not the rear of the phone?
    Yeah, its mounted below the screen.
    12-11-08 01:59 PM
    I went from a Curve to the storm and really enjoyed the holster settings for the curve. It does not seem to be working that way with my Storm. Does the storm have the same proximity sensor the Curve did? If so, what case am I supposed to be using & which direction am I supposed to store the Storm in the case?
    I own this original blackberry case for storm. it has the magnet for sleep mode feature and a swivel belt clip in the back. Purchase it here BlackBerry Horizontal Pouch w/ Belt Clip for Thunder 9500, Storm 9530 (Black) - MSGDigital

12-13-08 02:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD