Saw a commercial today for the iPhone's restaurant program where you shake it and it comes up with a place to eat.

Are there any Storm apps out there that is similar that will help find places to eat locally?
    12-07-08 12:07 PM
    No, not currently.
    12-07-08 12:19 PM
    it will... i bet the people making it are already converting it since its such a high profile program (that is, unless apple paid them to be exclusive)
    12-07-08 12:39 PM
    I would be very surprised if the majority of apps created by 3rd party developers for the iPhone aren't adapted for the Storm. Why wouldn't they want a piece of the pie?
    12-07-08 12:42 PM
    If you're in a "big city" you can use Zagats.
    12-07-08 12:44 PM
    Saw a commercial today for the iPhone's restaurant program where you shake it and it comes up with a place to eat.

Are there any Storm apps out there that is similar that will help find places to eat locally?
    OR...you can just open up a phonebook to the section that has the restaurants...close your eyes..and just randomly point at one

That iPhone app has got to be the most ******** app ever made
    12-07-08 01:08 PM
    True you could just look up stuff... but the iphone app in question gives you random stuff you might be interested in when you shake it... sort of puting names in a hat and drawing a winner. I don't see why the app developer wont make one for the storm once the app store is launched.
    12-07-08 01:13 PM
    I think the restaurant app for the iphone is the most gimmicky program I've ever seen. Give me functionality over wii style control any day.
    12-07-08 01:37 PM
    The thought of random restaurant selection fills me with fear.
    12-07-08 01:50 PM
    You actually "shake it"?
    12-07-08 01:57 PM
    The feature I saw that I really liked, was the one for the new G1. Where you can take a pic of a bar code in a store, and it will check multiple other places to see if you have the best price where you are...

That would be one of the best 3rd party apps I have ever seen if they come out with it on the Storm....
    12-07-08 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD