My friend has the iphone and states that his phone adapted to his typing and got to know "him". Does the Storm do this or are there any aps for this?

MrsStraty
    05-16-09 08:22 AM
    i dont know about any apps, but mine never seemed to "get to know me".
    05-16-09 08:36 AM
    It does learn words

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 08:43 AM
    A little like SureType?
    05-16-09 08:57 AM
    My friend has the iphone and states that his phone adapted to his typing and got to know "him". Does the Storm do this or are there any aps for this?

MrsStraty
    Simple answer...Yes, it does.
    05-16-09 09:08 AM
    Yeah the only thing that sucks is that when you misspell a word, it remembers it and everytime you try to spell the word again it will give you the misspelled option first, it changes over time but only when you keep spelling the word correctly. It gets annoying.
    05-16-09 09:08 AM
    Yeah the only thing that sucks is that when you misspell a word, it remembers it and everytime you try to spell the word again it will give you the misspelled option first, it changes over time but only when you keep spelling the word correctly. It gets annoying.
    Wouldn't any phone with this capability do the same thing? It is, after all, learning how YOU type. Don't blame the phone for "learning" the way that you spell a particular word.
    05-16-09 09:12 AM
    From what I've seen with my storm is if I'm in portrait mode if i type a word that may not be in its "word bank" at the time it'll add it by itself and start to show that word when i use suretype. Landscape mode is pretty straight forward since you have a full keyboard
    05-16-09 09:15 AM
    Wouldn't any phone with this capability do the same thing? It is, after all, learning how YOU type. Don't blame the phone for "learning" the way that you spell a particular word.
    Yeah but Im used to typing fast and face it the storm on its original OS cant really keep up with that. And not to mention clicks dont register somtimes.
    05-16-09 09:20 AM
    A good way to get it to "learn the way you type" is to set up auto spell-check, and to make additions to AutoText (options>autotext). The spell check function will give you the option to add new words/phrases/text-speak (UR, BTW, etc.) to your dictionary. if you're a frequent texter/email user, it should "learn" your vocabulary in a couple of weeks.

With the auto-text function, you can set up abbreviations that will spell the complete word when keyed. 'ur' becomes 'you're/you are, or your' (whichever you choose), btw becomes by the way.
    05-16-09 09:39 AM
    I have noticed this too and have found that sometimes when I go check the custom dictionary that these misspellings are now somehow in there. Check your custom dictionary from time to time for misspelled words and delete them. That will help with this problem. Another thing you can do is open an email and type the word you want several times and the Storm will relearn that word as the favored choice in SureType.

05-16-09 12:04 PM
    It doesn't seem like its learned the way I type

05-16-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD