My Storm (got on release date)) seems to have a screen protector on it from the factory. After some eventual wear and tear, I am tempted to replace it. However, first I need to ensure that this is, in fact, a screen protector and not some other permenent screen layover.

Can anyone comment on this? Do Storms come with a screen protector by default, or is this something permanently affixed to the screen that shouldn't be removed?

Thanks!
    03-06-09 11:44 AM
    Yes, they do. I took mine off and replaced it.
    03-06-09 11:50 AM
    They do. There is a plastic cover that wears a bit and can be replaced. I just bought a three pack.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 11:51 AM
    Yes. There is a thin screen protector on the screen from the factory.

03-06-09 11:52 AM
    Ah, thanks guys! I wanted to be sure before I pulled it off, lol.
    03-06-09 11:53 AM
    I used to take them off my phones but with this one I am interested to see how long it lasts.

03-06-09 11:59 AM
    On some phones (mine) there was a thin protector and a thick one on under that one. There have been several here that have found this. The thick one was like the 3 pack you get from Verizon.
    03-06-09 12:11 PM
    I went NAKED with mine. LOL :-)
    03-06-09 12:17 PM
    I left factory one on there since I carry my phone in a holster, so the scratch factor is lower then carrying it in my pocket like I use too..
    03-06-09 12:33 PM
    Okay, I don't recall ever seeing a screen protector on the phone. Unless the guy in the store removed mine. Anyone have a picture of the original screen protector. Unless I'm an ***** and I still have mine on and not know it.
    03-06-09 12:37 PM
    Okay, I don't recall ever seeing a screen protector on the phone. Unless the guy in the store removed mine. Anyone have a picture of the original screen protector. Unless I'm an ***** and I still have mine on and not know it.
    Mine was impossible to see until one day it got a tiny little bubble in the corner. It would of been impossible to see without that. I also had the phone for 2 weeks before that, and I had no idea it was there.
    03-06-09 02:31 PM
    Yes.5678910
    03-06-09 02:36 PM
    Yeah I thought I had a scratch on my screen until i realized it was a scratch on the factory screen protector.
    03-06-09 02:38 PM
    It's not really a screen protector per se, it's just something designed to protect the screen from dust and what not during shipping.
    03-06-09 02:41 PM
    I went NAKED with mine. LOL :-)
    Hi Bigdaddy2009,

Quick question - how long have you had your original screen protector taken off? How has your phone been holding up so far?

I'm the kind that likes her phone as is. I am too uncoordinated to put anything on it, and I don't really care about minaor scratches - a phone is for using, not protecting! But a scratch on the screen is no good for reading small prints. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

audioliquor
    03-09-09 11:21 AM
    It's not really a screen protector per se
    it's just something designed to protect the screen

I went naked the screen protector got to gross and the storm has a bullet proof screen anyways it's really strong.
    03-09-09 11:58 AM

I went naked the screen protector got to gross and the storm has a bullet proof screen anyways it's really strong.
    Yes yes... Chalk one up for the english language lacking the necessary mechanisms to properly express this idea.

It's just meant to protect against dust, and maybe minor scratches that might happen during shipping. It's NOT meant to be a full fledged screen protector like Invisible Shield, Ghost Armor, and the rest.
    03-09-09 12:18 PM
    Yes yes... Chalk one up for the english language lacking the necessary mechanisms to properly express this idea.

It's just meant to protect against dust, and maybe minor scratches that might happen during shipping. It's NOT meant to be a full fledged screen protector like Invisible Shield, Ghost Armor, and the rest.
    haha no worries I understand what your getting at. It still doubles really well as a screen protector if you leave it on and it's already applied perfectly :P

But the touch screen is much more responsive with it off I found.
    03-09-09 12:22 PM
    Yeah it does.

I actually didnt notice it and was afraid I was destroying the screen so I awkwardly put another screen protector on top of it and hated my Storm for the first two days.
    03-09-09 12:40 PM
    Could this be why my one week old replacement seems to have scratches all over it already? They might be on the protector and not the screen itself? I had my first phone for almost a month with no scratches at all, but this one seems to scratch really easily. I have not done anything to warrant a scratch yet it appears to be scratched up all over.
    03-09-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD