iphone wifi enabled my arse!! does it really matter, if you have an unlimited data plan whats the wifi benefit going to be?????
    02-10-09 06:45 PM
    none really.
    02-10-09 06:47 PM
    If you're in an area where reception is poor and have access to wi-fi, the pros are obvious. Having an office in the bowels of a large building make you appreciate wi-fi more than ever.
    02-10-09 06:48 PM
    Generally more speed, but Verizon's CDMA is plenty fast for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 06:49 PM
    Well the argument is that there are some times when you don't have signal but you do have wifi access. Also, some would argue wifi is faster than the storm on 3G. I don't really know, because I've never used a phone with wifi, but it would have been a nice option.

02-10-09 06:50 PM
    With the "Network" I don't and have need for Wifi....... Just .02

But some would like that option.....
    02-10-09 06:51 PM
    Wifi will always be faster than 3G. Phone companies make a really big deal about having 3G but they never disclose the fact that it is the same speed as old DSL/broadband. While I have not had much trouble just using the cell phone service, If you want instant loading time and fast response wifi is essential.
    02-10-09 06:52 PM
    Wi-fi not necessary, but it would've been a nice extra.

02-10-09 06:53 PM
    I've found wifi to be too unreliable to trust. Especially if we aren't talking my own home router.

I don't mind at all wifi is left out.
    02-10-09 06:56 PM
    I think it came down to having either GPS or WiFi on the Storm.

RIM made the right choice.
    02-10-09 06:59 PM
    Is incredible how people do not accepts that WiFi needs to be a given. Are options. Is the same as when we destroy the Iphone because no MMS, no Push Notifications or no Video. If the current QUALCOMM chipset has WiFi why not use it. The "network" is not perfect. For normal operation, Wi-fi is not necessary, but it would've been a nice extra.
    02-10-09 07:23 PM
    I have all these machines, all this storage, and all this media just sitting here in my house, and I can't get to it with WiFi. Try to route through the Internet to get to this stuff is crazy. At work, I can't Remote Access machines down in the Server Room with my Storm. The list goes on and on. The Today Screen and Remote Access are probably the two greatest things I miss about WinMo. Coincidentally, those are two of the thinks BB sucks at. :-(
    02-10-09 07:26 PM
    I pay almost as much for my phone access as I do my home access to the internet. Call me a cheap skate, but I want to get as much out my phone as possible. So for me it is not necessary.

02-10-09 08:58 PM
    Well that will soon change with the 9520. 3G HSPA and Wi-Fi. Rogers.
    02-10-09 09:00 PM
    Having an office in the bowels of a large building make you appreciate wi-fi more than ever.
    Yep, my office meets that criteria and that's the only place I've been so far that wifi would have been useful. In most cases, if I don't have cell service, chances are pretty good that I'm a long ways from a wifi signal.
    02-10-09 10:02 PM
    iphone wishes it had a battery to pull
    02-10-09 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD