I know the storm will come bundled with Docs to go, but my question is....

will we have to buy an upgraded version to actually edit word & excel files?

everything say the storm has the ABILITY to edit them...is that ABILITY after you pay for an upgrade?
    10-31-08 04:22 PM
    DocsToGo on the Storm will be the same as DocsToGo on OS4.5 on current Blackberries.
    10-31-08 04:26 PM
    No you will be able to edit them right out of the box however you can not create new files with out the upgrade i believe but there are a few ways around this for example emailing yourself a black document
    10-31-08 04:26 PM
    No you will be able to edit them right out of the box however you can not create new files with out the upgrade i believe but there are a few ways around this for example emailing yourself a black document
    nice...good idea!
    10-31-08 04:33 PM
    are there any other features that would make purchasing the upgrade worth it?
    10-31-08 04:34 PM
    sorry...one more question...

on my Treo...when i sync my phone...DTG syncs the spreadsheets i tell it to with copies on my desktop.

does the blackberry version do this as well? the free version?
    10-31-08 04:36 PM
    On Palm, you have a full-fledged D2G client IIRC. I don't think this comes on the BB port, but I would expect syncability on the upgrade. Sadly, I don't know for sure.

Good question though.
    11-03-08 07:36 PM
    anyone know the answer?
    11-03-08 08:05 PM
    so just email one blank document, save it in your inbox and basically you are good to go for forever? cool
    11-03-08 08:44 PM
    Please excuse me if this is a dumb question since I am waiting for my first BB and probably don't know what I am talking about.

I use WordPerfect12 at work. Is there any chance I will be able to review or edit these docs on the new Storm? (I am but a feeble minded person who has never been able to cope with the unrevealable codes in Word)
    11-03-08 09:18 PM
    Stanfa im not really sure the answers to your questions the storm will be my 1st BB but i remember when the OS upgrade included Doctogo that was a big question about creating a new document.

CSSVT i believe you can download the blank document to ur BB and go from there so you don't have to save it in you inbox
    11-03-08 09:21 PM
    saving a blank document is sounds like a great workaround!

here is the comparison of the standard version vs the premium version.

Documents To Go for BlackBerry Smartphones: Standard / Premium Comparison

however, i still can't find any information on whether you can sync excel/word files on your PC with the handheld like you can with the palm os.

i find it hard to believe nobody knows about this?

come on...all you crackberry addicts have to know the answer to this!
    11-03-08 09:28 PM
    The 2 biggest difference that i could ever see being a problem would be the creating a new doc which we can work around and the formatting issues but who's really going to type a multipage report or create a presentation on there BB
    11-03-08 09:33 PM
    i make little spreadsheets all the time on my Treo.

i never use Word...not even on my PC.
    11-03-08 09:35 PM
    well...it looks like i may have found the answer to my question...not what i was hoping for.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/documents-go-68473/

hopefully they will integrate this soon!!!
    11-03-08 09:36 PM
    Please excuse me if this is a dumb question since I am waiting for my first BB and probably don't know what I am talking about.

I use WordPerfect12 at work. Is there any chance I will be able to review or edit these docs on the new Storm? (I am but a feeble minded person who has never been able to cope with the unrevealable codes in Word)
    Don't think so... but again, I am not 100% sure...
    11-04-08 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD