View Poll Results: Do you like the Storm or iPhone 3gs Better?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Storm

57 68.67%
  • iPhone 3gs

26 31.33%
    Storm
    iPhone 3gs
    06-21-09 12:18 PM
    Anything made by Apple sux.
    06-21-09 12:23 PM
    In all honestly I would like to know the specs on the new Iphone (I am a Storm user) I heard that it still has no multitasking functionality. I am curious though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 12:36 PM
    3GS by a long shot. No competition.

06-21-09 01:11 PM
    In all honestly I would like to know the specs on the new Iphone (I am a Storm user) I heard that it still has no multitasking functionality. I am curious though.

You cannot run 2 3rd party apps at the same time. But you can listen to music, podcasts, etc while you read your email or use any of the other apps installed at the same time.

When you close an app or click on a link that takes you from one app to another, the first app keeps your place, so that when you go back you are right where you were.

For example, you are reading an email or looking through your notes. You come across a web link. If you click it, it will close notes or mail and open safari, but when you close safari and open your notes or email again you are right back at the note or email you were in when you linked out.

Safari also lets you open multiple web sites at the same time and switch between them.

Go from Safari to any other app and then go back, all your websites are still open and you can switch easily between them.

You still cannot listen to a 3rd party streaming application like imeem and read email at the same time. 3rd party apps close when you leave them. That is the ONLY limitation I have found.
    06-21-09 01:39 PM
    Well, after many frustrated months with my Storm I will be going to the iPhone 3gs in August when my contract is up.

Yes I know AT&T’s network isn’t as good as Verizon’s, but I’m just tired of my Storm. I just want something that works and the storm isn’t that. I’m tired of crashes, lock up’s and always trying to find an OS that works.

Plus the App store for Storm is a joke and the apps they do have are always 2 to 3 times more money the iPhone.
    06-21-09 02:03 PM
    This is kinda silly...a read through the rants and raves section would answer the question...lol!

But, I have to say I had to think about this for about an hour and I (gasp) ended up picking the iPhone. To do that though, I had to take the network out of the equation. I think now with the new hardware and the 3.0 software the phone itself is tough to beat. The Storm still has several advantages, but not enough to push it over the top anymore for me. I do like the Storm better than our old 3G though...just slightly. But this is all based on how I use my phone. Not everyone has the same priorities.

A few things that are still bothering me about the iPhone:

Non user replaceable battery
    No SurePress (yes, I LOVE SurePress!)
    Lack of convenience keys (I don't like using the display to take pictures, for example)
    Lack of hard keys for menu, end call, etc.
    AT&T (not included in my overall rating of the phone)

THings still bothering me about the Storm:

Lack of application memory
    Overall, poor Memory management
    Music player performance problems
    Quality Control issues...mainly materials, fit, and finish.
    The browser still stinks compared to Safari
    Download file size limitation needs to at LEAST be increased
    No WiFi (not a huge issue, but I wish it were there)

I could make a larger more detailed list, but those are the top things that came to mind. Note that most of my complaints about the Storm revolve around the software, so if RIM would get their isht together and make the Storm run like it could, then I may sway back the other direction. The whole memory issue is the biggest downer for me, probably followed by browser performance. It just KILLS me that there is almost a whole Gig of memory on the phone that is unused and wasted. WTF were they thinking there?
    06-21-09 02:04 PM
    Obviously the Storm, this is Crackberry!
    06-21-09 02:11 PM
    Prefer storm because of the blackberry push technology
    06-21-09 07:46 PM
    Frankly, I like both of them. They both have their pros and cons. I might buy an iPhone 3g S if it is not running on the horrible AT&T network (yes I am a former Cingular customer, so I know).

In my humble opinion, the biggest problem with the iPhone is that, it is becoming too mundane. Almost everybody that I run into, including the janitor, has an iPhone. So it is not as cool as it was to be an iPhone owner.
    06-21-09 08:34 PM
    i find it interesting that people think that since this is crackberry we should be staunchly pro-RIM. I hesitate to follow any company with any level of doggedness since to a company, its consumers are simply dollar signs. When a company knows it has "fans" then it will only work so hard as is required to satisfy them. This applies to both Apple and RIM as well as any other company.

In my humble opinion, the biggest problem with the iPhone is that, it is becoming too mundane. Almost everybody that I run into, including the janitor, has an iPhone. So it is not as cool as it was to be an iPhone owner.
    with the price cut, the 99 dollar iphone 3g will become as ubiquitous as the RAZR once was/is.

I'm honestly somewhat suprised that apple didnt create more physical differentiation to the iphone 3GS since they are known as a company that has some link to the "status symbol" game. i think this is a good move as far as integrity but maybe a bad move as far as marketing. there's no "check it out i have the newest iphone" differentiator
    06-22-09 10:54 AM
    I have a cat named Patches. Is that you?
    No cause if this Patches was your cat, you'd want to kick it!! LOL
    06-22-09 11:08 AM
    if RIM can make the storm as fast and smooth as the iPhone, it would better thats for sure

I hate apple, i hate itunes, but my friends iPhone is so much faster and smoother than my storm
    06-22-09 11:28 AM
    faster and smoother doesn't mean crap if your phone doesn't support the functions/features you need.

this is a general statement. never make general statements, they always get you in trouble.

HOWEVER!!!!
    the iphone wins with eye candy. but i'd rather have multi-tasking and core features that i need/want than eye candy. even if it means my phone is laggy once a month (i have to TRY to get it to lag now...)
    06-22-09 11:35 AM
    :Give me the storm multitasking and no itunes. I am pretty amazed at what the device is able to do daily.
    06-22-09 01:49 PM
    Iphone 3GS: Cons just to name a few...
    Still cant take the battery out and replace it if needed
    Still cant swap expandable memory card out for another
    Still no multitasking
    Still no Flash I believe for the camera (?)
    You have to touch the screen to take a picture instead of a hard key
    No True Push Email
    No Convienence Keys
    Lack of Customizing the phone with Themes, Wallpapers, Etc.
    No customizing message indicators
    No LED light
    AT&T sucks as a carrier IMO

The only thing that I do like with the iphones 100X better than the BB is the applications and graphix are way better and more fluid.
    06-22-09 02:00 PM

The iPhone 3GS doubles the storm in RAM and has a stable OS. So, 3GS it is, but I am defiantly not complaining about my storm.
    06-27-09 01:13 PM
    This is a loaded thread; lol.

I have a friend who has the iphone 3gs and it is a very good device. But I am fine with my storm, it has been reliable and has not given me any issue. I use it for work and play. It wakes me up in the morning, it is my source of news, keeps me in touched to the people I care about (and the ones I don't), it has has helped me at work.

It is customize to my liking and a source of jealousy for my girfriend.

So I will stick with my storm.
    06-27-09 01:33 PM
    Nothing more satisfying than your "IFriends"
    asking To borrow your storm cuz they can't make a call..

06-27-09 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD