View Poll Results: Liking the side plugs?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES ~ i like the way it is now, with plugs on side

9 31.03%
  • NO ~ i would rather have had the plugs on top and bottom

20 68.97%
    Personally i hate it lol. the phone spends 80% of the time in my shirt pocket, or my inner breast pocket of a jacket. The headphone jack on the side is ********

How can they make the assumption that everyone would like to wear this phone sideways on their hip?

Anyhow i know it wont change, but i was wondering if i am the only crazy one?
    12-18-08 02:22 PM
    Just rotate the headphone plug so it makes a backward "L" when you hold the phone upright and it acts fine.

The only problem I have is that the headphone plug gets in the way of the volume buttons. In other words the volume buttons are spaced too close to the headphone jack. Mistake!
    12-18-08 02:25 PM
    Id like the charger port to be placed on the top or bottom. I have a nice wooden thing on my nightstand that I put my watch, ring, wallet and it has a place for your phone too. The only thing is that its too narrow with the plug sticking out the side to set in properly.
    12-18-08 02:25 PM
    I want an L shaped usb charging cord.
    Had a motorola that had an L shape and it made sense - on the car charger it is weird to hold while plugged in.
    12-18-08 02:26 PM
    I don't really like openings on the top, because of the posibility of a rouge rain drop right in the opening. But I see others opinions on why it would be better.
    12-18-08 02:30 PM
    id like to find a plug for the earphone jack anything out there?
    12-18-08 02:32 PM
    I don't really like openings on the top, because of the posibility of a rouge rain drop right in the opening. But I see others opinions on why it would be better.
    Dude. Seriously? Of all the places that rain falls in the world, what are the chances that one drop of it will fall directly into a 3.5mm hole that is likely to be moving?
    12-18-08 02:39 PM
    Id like the charger port to be placed on the top or bottom. I have a nice wooden thing on my nightstand that I put my watch, ring, wallet and it has a place for your phone too. The only thing is that its too narrow with the plug sticking out the side to set in properly.
    ahaha i have same charging station! has 3 bas for devices and a strip that sits behind it, and a nice draw for nicknacks hehe
    12-18-08 02:40 PM
    I have to say it's really not to bad on the Storm. Yes it is on the side...but right at the very top of the phone. So while yes it is a tiny, minor inconvenience, It's better than having it any lower. So to avoid as stated earlier, a rogue water droplet or puddle if the jack was on the top or bottom, i feel this design protects it pretty well while not being a pain to much
    12-18-08 02:52 PM
    ahaha i have same charging station! has 3 bas for devices and a strip that sits behind it, and a nice draw for nicknacks hehe
    LOL, its a nice unit. Sounds like you have the exact same one.
    12-18-08 03:14 PM
    bought mine at Khols department store
    12-18-08 04:20 PM
    I have never tried using the included headphones. I have only used some old Sony ear buds. They have a 90 degree plug that always annoyed me when I used it with my old iPod, but works amazingly with the Storm in my pocket. It also still works quite well on my hip.
    12-18-08 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD