I love the idea of bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to be implemented all that well. I have been trying to configure bluetooth configurations between my storm and my Dell XPS M1330.

Firstly from what I can tell is that the bb doesn't really recognize 3rd parry bluetooth software, and the bb knowledge base recommends removing it, and letting the default XP bluetooth drivers manage the connections. The real problem with that is I am unable to actually uninstall the 3rd party drivers and get the XP drivers to take over for the device. I follow the directions on the bb knowledge base and it gets me absolutely nowhere.

Wouldn't it just be easier to have bb work on some "safe" level with all drivers. I would think that fundamentally, bluetooth drivers at some point are largely the same. I am sure I am just missing something that is fairly easy to figure out, but after all the forum surfing, and "trial and error" type processes I still cannot figure it out.

Is anyone as frustrated by this as I am, I work with computers all the time, it is what I do for a living, and I cannot for the life of me figure this out. It is to the point where I have just about given up. I can get my computer to recognize the phone, and the phone to recognize the computer, but to truly connect properly, and use the desktop manager with bluetooth I feel like I have to jump through a series of flaming hoops.
    02-12-09 10:03 AM
    Agreed. I'm stuck as well, can't get the Storm to work with my Lenovo z61t. Please post if you find the magic formula!
    02-15-09 08:28 PM
    You can do bluetooth dialup connections with third-party bluetooth drivers. However, in order to do wireless syncs, you need to use XP's native drivers. I have a Lenovo T60P and opted to retain Lenovo's driver. It is rare that I need to synch using the cable since I am BES activated. Anyway, I do use the wireless connection when using my Storm as a modem.

I agree though that RIM should let DM talk to any bluetooth driver rather than just Microsoft's native bluetooth drivers.
    02-15-09 09:27 PM
    I find bluetooth to just be ridiculous. Makes people look like douchebags.
    02-15-09 09:35 PM
    I find bluetooth to just be ridiculous. Makes people look like douchebags.
    Obviously you didn't read the post

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:41 PM
    I did, but I just felt like saying that.

I prefer to just use a USB cable. That way you don't have to worry about information getting dropped and corrupted. Not only that, it's pretty insecure. Ever looked up how to hack bluetooth? You should sometime.
    02-15-09 09:56 PM
    For 3 or 4 days after I got my Storm in November, I was up day and night trying to connect to the internet via bluetooth on my Toshiba. I scoured the internet, tried everything I found. Never got connected. Maybe I'm half sped, I dunno.

I haven't tried since then.

What saddens me is that it was easier (I actually had great success) doing this with my Treo 700p.

I see about 10-15 customers a day (wholesale sales here) and it's a PITA when a customer has a question that requires me to get online. I can't just pop open the laptop like a ninja, I have to connect my data cable, etc, etc.

I know I could get a USB modem and all that jazz, but Verizon is already getting $150/month from me, I think that's enough at this point in time.

/rant
    02-15-09 10:21 PM
    i have mine set up with my macbook pro.. Works amazing.. i can connect to it anytime from anywhere in the room. Bluetooth tethering is amazing!
    02-15-09 10:36 PM
    i have mine set up with my macbook pro.. Works amazing.. i can connect to it anytime from anywhere in the room. Bluetooth tethering is amazing!
    That was uncalled for!

lol
    02-15-09 10:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD