No matter what my Storm always has the following applications running:

Phone
    Browser
    Home Screen

Even if I close one of the above it remains listed in the runnings apps section. I just wanted to verify this is on everybodys device!
    11-22-08 08:12 PM
    yah mine does the same thing .
    11-22-08 08:16 PM
    Those apps are normally running. You can delete BlackBerry Messenger if you don't use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 08:20 PM
    Ok, just making sure I'm not wasting up any memory or slowing things down any more than they already are

P.S. I definitely use Blackberry Messenger!
    Yep, same here.
    just curious how to check running apps.
    11-22-08 08:22 PM
    From your main menu (landscape) click the blackberry button, then click "switch application" and it will show you what is currently open and running.
    11-22-08 08:29 PM
    Ok, just making sure I'm not wasting up any memory or slowing things down any more than they already are

P.S. I definitely use Blackberry Messenger!
    Battery pull should speed things up. Will be slow at first but should speed up after a few minutes.
    11-22-08 08:32 PM
    Those are the main apps in a Blackberry. There are supposed to ALWAYS run. You can't "close" them. Its made like that in all BBs. Nothing to worry about.
    11-22-08 08:32 PM
    I did a battery pull after deleting some applications from the device and now for some reason the Application Center is always listed in my running applications.

That one never used to be there constantly and even when I open it and select close it still shows. I tried pulling the battery again to see if it was a glitch but it's still staying there.

Any thoughts?
    11-22-08 11:32 PM
    Oh and when I click the Application Center icon in the running applications section it doesn't do anything.

If I click it from my main menu however it opens normally.

Very weird and trying to get it off the running apps screen.
    11-22-08 11:51 PM
    I did a battery pull after deleting some applications from the device and now for some reason the Application Center is always listed in my running applications.

That one never used to be there constantly and even when I open it and select close it still shows. I tried pulling the battery again to see if it was a glitch but it's still staying there.

Any thoughts?
    I can't verify this for sure, but, I did hear somewhere that the list that you're refering to as the "Running Applications" is not actually the apps that are currently running but just a list of the recently or most commonly run applications.

Can anyone verify this for sure?
    11-23-08 12:19 AM
    I have application center running too? Is this normal? Cant seem to get rid of it.
    11-23-08 06:04 AM
    Those apps are normally running. You can delete BlackBerry Messenger if you don't use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

!!!!!!!!!!!!

BB MESSENGER ROCKS
    11-23-08 06:15 AM
    ^^^^^^^^^^^ yah it does great app ! KEEP IT !
    11-23-08 06:18 AM
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

BB MESSENGER ROCKS
    New to BB. What's the difference between BB Mess. & SMS or AIM?
    11-23-08 07:06 AM
    BB Messenger is pin specific. Each BB device has a pin so you can only message other BB users and it is encrypted by RIM
    11-23-08 07:12 AM
    I see. Thanks ddowell.
    11-23-08 07:35 AM
    I can't verify this for sure, but, I did hear somewhere that the list that you're refering to as the "Running Applications" is not actually the apps that are currently running but just a list of the recently or most commonly run applications.

Can anyone verify this for sure?

Can someone confirm if this is correct? If it is accurate, how would one go about seeing the actual applications that are "running" on the device?
    11-23-08 09:30 AM
    I have application center running too? Is this normal? Cant seem to get rid of it.
    What happens when you click the Application Center icon from the "running apps" section? Mine doesn't do anything. However when I click the normal icon in the menu it opens fine.
    11-23-08 09:31 AM
    What happens when you click the Application Center icon from the "running apps" section? Mine doesn't do anything. However when I click the normal icon in the menu it opens fine.
    Same here. Nothing happens. So I wonder why it's running.
    11-23-08 10:19 AM
    Same here. Nothing happens. So I wonder why it's running.
    Exactly. I'm very curious why it is listed there. It never used to be for me. The only thing would be if what the poster above mentioned and that is not a list of "running" apps. But even then, why does it do nothing when you click it? It seems like and sounds like some kind of glitch.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    11-23-08 10:21 AM
    I am too. Anyone know how to fix?
    11-25-08 11:59 AM
    I too have app center listed. I belive it appeared after the first time I logged in/intialized it
    11-25-08 12:21 PM
    yeah app center is stuck on mine as well.. im assuming its not taking up any mem as it opens nothing but it is annoying. i have 6, even after battery pulls etc.
    11-25-08 12:35 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD