Right now my phone is disconnected, and I want to give it to my brother to use it. However I was told by VZW store rep that the PIN needs to be released first so it's not associated with the first number in order for the phone to be able to be activated using a new (second) number.

Is this true? IF so, how do I do it? Now my storm doesn't have VZW Service.

Thanks.
    11-27-09 05:30 PM
    The pin is associated with the device itself. It is not associated with the phone number at all. Each device has a unique pin.
    11-27-09 05:59 PM
    yeah, but i heard that if the PIN is not released from the email address associated with the PIN, then that PIN can't be used with another new number because another number would obviously use another email address.

Is this true?
    11-27-09 07:34 PM
    yeah, but i heard that if the PIN is not released from the email address associated with the PIN, then that PIN can't be used with another new number because another number would obviously use another email address.

Is this true?
    That I am not sure of. I had a blackberry curve that I had given to my father. He is using it no problem but he is not using a data plan nor BBM.
    11-27-09 08:32 PM
    If your brother is hooking the Storm up to Verizon Wireless and the pin comes up still associated to you, he can call and have it released. The problem is when someone hooks up the Blackberry to another carrier such as AT&T, and the pin is not released from Verizon, then AT&T can't help you and Verizon won't want to. If you want the phone to be used on another carrier you must release the pin before you leave VZW. But, if its going to be hooked up to VZW by your brother he'll have no problem getting that done if needed.
    11-27-09 09:05 PM
    damn, i forgot to do that when i disconnected my storm service. so now i have a closed vzw account... I called VZW today and they told me they can't do that. i m giving the ph to him so he can use it overseas. the phone is already unlocked so it can use any sim...

am i screwed? i guess my ph can do anything BUT BBM?
    11-28-09 03:43 AM
    can you still long in to here? https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw
    11-28-09 08:34 AM
    My phone was used for corporate email, so I never use the BIS server.
    11-28-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD