Hey all,

I'm a really poor college student and I lost my phone recently. A friend gave me this storm because he doesn't need it and says he can't get the unlock code from Verizon - he said something about they require you have an account with them to get the unlock code, apparently.

Is this true or is there a way I can call my current carrier or another number or place out there on the net that can get this thing unlocked? It's the only phone I've got so I appreciate the advice.

thanks,
    seth
    08-17-10 12:05 PM
    Search Google and this Forum. There are lots of companies that can sell you an unlock code for cheap.
    08-17-10 12:19 PM
    In order for you to use the Storm, even after it is unlocked, your friend will have to contact Verizon to release the PIN. If he did not pay his bill, the phone will be blocked from BIS until it is paid.
    08-17-10 12:30 PM
    Ok, I don't believe it was ever attached to any kind of contract, but I guess I should check into that before I pay for an unlock code..

I'll let you know what I find. Thanks,
    seth
    08-17-10 12:37 PM
    Hey guys,

the IMEI - that is the same 19 digit number that's on the back of the sim card?
    08-17-10 04:54 PM
    On the phone go to Options>Status and you will find the IMEI.
    08-17-10 07:15 PM
    go to berrymods.com and setup an account. They give u instructions and will give u a free unlock code just by providing imei, and some other info which they will also help u look up.
    08-17-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD