i have tried several custom themes that I really like but they all have a bad memory leak.Is this common and something I just have to live with or are there themes that don't leak?
    03-14-10 02:19 PM
    I find the same thing happens with custom themes.. Reset atleast once a day to keep from losing text messages...
    03-14-10 02:26 PM
    there are some themes that leak less but its not the themes its basically the storm itself as far as i can tell even on default zen theme i drop memory granted its not as fast as if i was using a custom theme but still drops. i am currently using BeDroid and so far its pretty close to the default zen theme as far as memory goes
    03-15-10 12:45 AM
    No they don't all leak.
    03-15-10 02:13 AM
    there are some themes that leak less but its not the themes its basically the storm itself as far as i can tell even on default zen theme i drop memory granted its not as fast as if i was using a custom theme but still drops. i am currently using BeDroid and so far its pretty close to the default zen theme as far as memory goes
    I disagree.My default theme has absolutely 0 leak.

No they don't all leak.
    Can you please recommend a few that don't leak?
    03-15-10 07:04 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Elle themes don't leak or if they do it's barely noticeable.
    03-15-10 07:09 AM
    I am running jaxjohns mini bar theme and it leaks very little. (I have only dropped 0.3mb in 4 hours.) Seems like maybe it did leak when I first loaded it, but it seemed to "calm" itself down....if that makes sense.
    03-15-10 09:13 AM
    every theme i've ever had on my device, weather i created it, or some one else did, has leaked at least a little. apparently you can put the same theme on a S2 and there's no leak..sigh
    03-15-10 10:04 AM
    I too use Mini-Bar and it's fine. On the other Storm I use iBerry_Bottom_Dock. The best part is both are FREE.

Seems like every single paid one I've used I end up deleting due to memory leaking.
    03-15-10 10:31 AM
    sadly its something with the phone. like mentioned they all work fine on the storm 2 but the storm 1 leaks like mad with them.
    03-15-10 12:10 PM
    Yeah, it seems so. Custom themes suck on the Storm. They're all slow, laggy, and mess up scrolling and transitions >:O

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-10 12:15 PM
    sadly its something with the phone. like mentioned they all work fine on the storm 2 but the storm 1 leaks like mad with them.
    Yeah, it seems so. Custom themes suck on the Storm. They're all slow, laggy, and mess up scrolling and transitions >:O

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yeah, it's really annoying from a theme developer's perspective! we take extra steps(and they ARE EXTRA!) to reduce the leaks as much as we can, but the end product will still always leak at least a little. it's frustrating because i know most people care about this, but don't realize that it's not really the theme dev's fault.
    another thing i will mention is that, in my experiences with creating themes, testing them on my device, constantly switching back and forth from this theme to that, etc, i've noticed that, even if you do a battery pull after install, the theme seems to need several days(that's right "DAYS") to "settle in". it will leak bad the first day, a little less the next, and then on the 3rd day it will start to settle in. it's like the theme needs to get used to a routine or something(?) i know it sounds weird, but i've seen it happen time and time again.
    so, moral of this story is, if you can tolerate it, give a new theme a few days, and a few battery pulls before you pass judgement on it.
    03-15-10 12:43 PM
    I will throw in my findings on leaky themes... the default theme has almost no memory leak at all on the Tour 9630 device. If I start a new theme in Theme Builder and make no changes at all it should be exactly the same as the default theme, but it's not! I've loaded this custom "default" theme and it has leaked more than 5MB throughout the first day.
    04-04-10 07:41 PM
    I'm pretty sure the Elle themes don't leak or if they do it's barely noticeable.
    I used Elle and it leaked. Sad because I like that setup way better then the default but I couldn't stand how slow my phone was.
    04-04-10 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD