dnd function for the phone, i had it on the pearl and curve im sure the storm has it i just cant find it

so where is the dnd function for the storm im blind please help

storm 9530 .90
    01-31-09 07:28 PM
    What is dnd? I had a pearl too but I'm not sure what you mean.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 07:43 PM
    it would be more helpful if you stated what "dnd" is
    01-31-09 08:30 PM
    I have "dnd" (aka silent, no ringers, LED flashing only) mode on my Curve. I had to create it as a new custom profile on my phone, though. Is that what you're referring to?

01-31-09 08:34 PM
    I am assuming from eden's post that it is a "do not disturb" function? as in nothing rings, vibrates or blinks?

I wouldn't know about that function, I was just trying to help out the other confused readers of this post.
    01-31-09 08:38 PM
    Silent setting does this. Only the LED flashes. Not sure why you didn't try that.

01-31-09 08:42 PM
    my suggestion is to create a custom profile an set everything to off...
    see if that works
    01-31-09 08:44 PM
    On my curve I don't have a "silent" profile option. Are you referring to "quiet"? I think "quiet" is the same thing is DND, I could be wrong...

01-31-09 08:48 PM
    go to home screen and click on top left corner and select the "all alerts off" profile
    01-31-09 09:14 PM
    eden, I don't mean to sound harsh, but a Curve is a different device than the Storm. The OP is asking for help with his/her Storm. I don't think providing information about the Curve in this thread (or subforum) will do anyone any good.
    01-31-09 09:16 PM
    sorry I wasn't clear enough

dnd is do not disturb for your phone call
    basically it goes straight to voice mail and you just get a notification saying i had a missed call and i have a voice mail but it doesn't ring

oh i had a curve/pearl and i know how to do it there, (under advance options for your profiles go all the way to the to phone section and all the way down it says DnD)
    and i don't wanna silent my whole phone just the incoming phone calls, also a whole profile just for one thing waste of time,

thx
    Last edited by Z3ljk0; 02-01-09 at 12:18 AM.
    01-31-09 11:46 PM
    I haven't been able to find dnd but if you go profiles.set ringtones.phone. You can hit silent and then switch back when you're done. But although creating a custom profile may take a few extra minutes it may be worth it to be able to have it set up exactly the way you want it.

02-01-09 11:03 AM
    man that blows

well off to make a special profile
    02-01-09 12:27 PM
    What the crap is dnd?

First Silent.... All alerts off except the led light
    Second All Alerts off.... nothing happens...
    Third... go to clock and turn the phone to bedside mode and it will ring but the LED wont blink....

From the understanding in the previous posts you wanted one of those scenarios... so dont waste your time with a new custom profile.....
    02-01-09 12:38 PM
    Curious how all of the crackberry addicts don't know about DND. In any event, for whatever reason the storm doesn't have DND and they went with just a "silent" profile option. I'm curious as to why since I for one found DND quite useful.

dnd function for the phone, i had it on the pearl and curve im sure the storm has it i just cant find it

so where is the dnd function for the storm im blind please help

storm 9530 .90
    02-14-09 08:37 AM
    Curious how all of the crackberry addicts don't know about DND. In any event, for whatever reason the storm doesn't have DND and they went with just a "silent" profile option. I'm curious as to why since I for one found DND quite useful.
    have you found DND on your Storm yet?

i find it useful as well. i use it when i have my nav on, media player while listening to music, and if i'm browsing and i don't want a call to interrupt.

does the Storms' silent profile work the same way as DND? in that the call does not show up on the screen?
    02-14-09 11:14 AM
    have you found DND on your Storm yet?

i find it useful as well. i use it when i have my nav on, media player while listening to music, and if i'm browsing and i don't want a call to interrupt.

does the Storms' silent profile work the same way as DND? in that the call does not show up on the screen?
    Sadly the silent feature is just that....only silent. The phone call still comes through and interrupts what ever you're doing.
    02-14-09 02:02 PM
    Sadly the silent feature is just that....only silent. The phone call still comes through and interrupts what ever you're doing.
    that is annoying. i'll have to make sure any bb i may think of upgrading to has the DND feature...i use it all the time!
    02-14-09 02:06 PM
    hi all,
    first time BB user, Treo 680 convert. I really need to know how to QUICKLY turn a phone to silent as I enter a meeting then QUICKLY turn it back to sound when meeting over?
    02-21-09 07:27 PM
    Click on the icon that says "Manage Connections" then click on "Turn All Connections Off"
    All your calls will go straight to voice mail and you will not get any messages or email until you "Restore Connections".
    02-21-09 08:11 PM
    hi thanks for that! wondering is there not a "button" somewhere as when I'm in meetings getting texts is fine as long as it's on vibrate no sound.
    02-21-09 09:20 PM
    I don't believe it's not on all BBs. I don't remember it on my 8700c, 8100, 8310, 8320, 8900 or 9000. Not saying it's not there, but I never saw/used it.
    03-06-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD