For anybody out there who is stiil thinking about swithching ur Storm for a Tour dont do it. I did and hated the Tour, the Storm is way better.
    09-25-09 12:52 PM
    My wife liked the keyboard so we have one of each.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 01:13 PM
    There are plenty of people out there who would disagree with you. Having the storm and Tour, I find myself disliking the storm more and more each day and favoring the tour.
    09-25-09 01:15 PM
    My wife liked the keyboard so we have one of each.

same here i like the quickness of the tour but the screen size and touch screen of the storm...i hope the s2 will give me both. my wife (first BB) has no complaints with the tour.
    09-25-09 01:28 PM
    Everyone I know hates the Storm and loves the Tour, I know I do!! just my 1.5 cents.....
    09-25-09 01:33 PM
    The Storm is my first Blackberry ever and I was going to go with the Tour at first because I had heard awful things about the Storm. I decided to go with the Storm because I am now so use to touchscreen that I don't think I could go back to non touch. I made a great decision IMO. The Storm is the best phone I've had especially with the new .230 OS.
    09-25-09 01:39 PM
    Well if you keep haveing problems you can always get it exchanged for Tour.
    09-25-09 01:41 PM
    I first had the storm then went to the tour. Since the new .167 update came out the storm has been great! No key board problems. everything runs fast and smooth.....im looking into the .230 update does anyone object?
    09-25-09 02:10 PM
    I first had the storm then went to the tour. Since the new .167 update came out the storm has been great! No key board problems. everything runs fast and smooth.....im looking into the .230 update does anyone object?
    I agree. I had the Storm on .75 and .148 and it was pretty bad. Since I've upgraded to .167 I am loving my Storm more and more. There are a few little glitches that I hope an official release might iron out, but I'm loving it. I had the Tour. The keyboard was super nice, but I can type just as fast now, because of "multi-tap" with .167. I love the size of the screen on the Storm. I will eventually get the Storm 2 when I'm up for my annual upgrade next year.
    09-25-09 02:36 PM
    The Tour is very similar to the Bold in its specs and the way it runs. I have a Bold and a Storm. I use the Storm more now, cos it's more fun and I enjoy the touchscreen on .167. But, the Bold is a better phone that runs a lot faster and smoother. I've used other people's Tours a little, and it seems to be snappier like the Bold. Just my two cents...

09-25-09 03:41 PM
    There are plenty of people out there who would disagree with you. Having the storm and Tour, I find myself disliking the storm more and more each day and favoring the tour.
    i see ur point the tour works great until after a couple of days when ur scrolling thru some webpages and the trackball just starts movin really fast and makes a whining sound. thats just my opinion.

Im running .148 and havent had any problems. maybe after leaving it off for amonth helps, that could be a solution to alot of the problems.
    09-25-09 03:56 PM
    and iwas also one of those ppl that just had to do a multi FRU.
    09-25-09 03:57 PM
    Certainly, each device is going to have it proponents. That said, I just can't see relying on � the screen size and being forced navigate menus with a trackball. Touchscreen (when it works - and, fortunately, mine does) is just waaaay cooler and much more convenient.
    09-25-09 04:17 PM
    I love my storm. Tried the tour just didn't like it. Its all in what you like and want.

09-25-09 05:11 PM
    09-25-09 05:20 PM
    my wife had a tour for 2 weeks or so and went through 3 of them. Every one had some kind of problem and the sounds quality was poor on every single one compared to my storm. She ended up returning it altogether and going to her old phone.

Two of the Tours had a high pitched faint hissing noise in the speaker, and the 3rd one had horribly "hollow" muffled sound. Having played wiht all 3 I found the sound quality to be completely unsatisfactory.

My storm had fair share of it's problems, but the sound quality was always superb on both speaker and speakerphone.

It seems like with each new model CDMA blackberries get crappier and crappier.
    09-25-09 05:36 PM
    Touchscreen all the way for me! But to each their own.

09-29-09 11:37 PM
    The Storm is my first Blackberry ever and I was going to go with the Tour at first because I had heard awful things about the Storm. I decided to go with the Storm because I am now so use to touchscreen that I don't think I could go back to non touch. I made a great decision IMO. The Storm is the best phone I've had especially with the new .230 OS.
    Same here storm is my first BB and my first smart phone. When i first got it i was like eh its ok but nothing special, then i found this site and learned about what i could do with and to my storm. Every time a new leak comes out my phone gets better and better and now that .230 is so close to perfect im glad i kepy my storm and didnt ditch it.
    09-29-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD