You want a customer service horror story? Try this one on.

So I ordered my Storm on Friday. It is scheduled to arrive at my home tonight via FedEx. Problem is that Verizon shipped it to the wrong address. They shipped it to my previous address, and address that I have not lived at in over 17 months. My information with them has been updated for over 17 months as well plus I made sure to specify when ordering that it be sent to my current address, so I have no clue how they made this screw up. I called Monday night to discuss this with customer service and get this fixed. I was told that they had contacted FedEx and were waiting for a reply. Yesterday I called FedEx and they knew nothing about this. I then called Verizon, and was told that they were waiting on a response from FedEx before they could get back to me. I have not heard from Verizon in over a day, and my Storm is set to be delivered tonight. Today's customer service call will not be a pretty one to say the least. Thank god for FedEx tracking, so that I can keep up with where my Storm is at. I have a feeling that this will turn into me stopping by my previous address to pick up my phone.
    You can do that, but if you start yelling at CS reps or even the supervisors, they're not going to want to help you with this. They are people too, and most of them don't make enough to be willing to let people treat them like crap all day while simply smiling and saying thank you.

You call up and start yelling, they're going to do the absolute bare minimum they can to help you. They'll promise to get right on it, and then put it on a list of things to do if they've been sitting around for 45 minutes and no one has called wondering where their Storm is.

If you call up and are calm and friendly (or at least civil) they will be almost infinitely more willing to help you. While I tend to despise the triteness of it, it is a case of the golden rule. Just imagine how willing you would be to help someone who calls you up, starts yelling at you for something you have no control over, maybe calls you a few names... Not going to want to help this person much are you? Why should any CS rep be any different?
    11-26-08 09:52 AM
    VZW is a ****pile as far as I'm concerned.
    11-26-08 10:02 AM
    Go back to that store, walk right back up to Natalia, and punch her in the face. Twice.
    11-26-08 10:49 AM
    Right? **** even if i went in there with just the package and said, these thigns suck i messed up all of them putting them on and threw them out, they should have still said "sorry, hears a refund" **** it costs them pennies as pointed out, but a customer for 10 years makes them thousands!
    Yeah, I've been with them for 9 years and never really had a problem with them. Not sure why everybody else who does gets treated this way. Although I've been treated worse by ATT and somewhat Sprint when I had them.
    11-26-08 10:53 AM
    Horrible customer service is the reason I left verizon... Verizon, can you hear me now?
    11-26-08 11:02 AM
    ^ Can you hear me now? lol. I got bad customer service once at a verizon store once. I never went back to that store for anything. Although now i found a store where i can go get treated with respect. It happens you always have some adolecent pube wanting give you attitude because theyre having a bad day. I think you handled yourself in the right manor. I would of whipped out my storm called customer service right there infront of them and tell them that they were being total b@#$%es and given their names there and there and slapped them.
    11-26-08 11:09 AM
    I'd have stopped arguing with them as soon as they accused me of stealing and talked to the manager right there. And when he said it was a coaching issue between him and his staff, I'd have added "and, whomever your boss is, because you're not dealing with me effectively either."

One of the phone CSRs who was lying to me last weekend asked if they could call me by my first name. I said, "no."

I do not work for these people. They are paid to provide me a service and goods. If they're being rude, I go over their heads INSTANTLY. And I don't want rebates and gifts SPECIFICALLY so they know it's not about money or kissing my ***. It's about good service. (I have turned down rebates in the past so they get the message.)
    11-26-08 11:10 AM
    This is my first post, been lurking for about10 months. Got the storm on the first day. Called my local corp. store on M<onday the 17th to see how he sell was going to happen. Was told to call back on the 19th for final details. Called one the 20th, the rep gave me an appt. for 8:30am. Arrived at 8:15am the rep saw me and waved. She was helping a customer, she came ove after the customer started to look at cases and said " I have your phone in the back. I will be with you in a minute." After 15 minutes she comes to me and says my manager gave your phone to someone else." I told her "ok go in the back and grab another one." then the manager comes over and tells me " we only got 21 phones and you were the 29th person" I replied " I had an appt. for 8:30 . Why make appts. if you were not holding phones." He said there ws a vouchor system and I said I was never told that the said I will talk to her about it. I said because you didnt train your people right I'm without a phone. Hr said we will order one and you will have it by Tuesday .I said you can fedex it for Saturday morning.. Get ready.... He told me " You can get it Tuesday or take my business elsewhere. I called Corp. headquarters right in the middle of his store. I spoke to some lady who was very sorry for his attitude and asked if I was still in the store I said yes she asked if she could speak to hom. I handed him my phone. Yu could tell she was etting him have it. anyway when I got back on the phone she told me he was calling oter Verizon to find me a Storm. after 40 minutes a Circuit city had one . Always call Corp. HQ if you get bad service.
    11-26-08 09:21 PM
    i know what you mean eh maybe they were having a bad day or something but go to the "cool guy" and see whats up if its all effed up i recommend either canceling with verizon or calling customer service and talk to the supervisors there and explain the situation if not say im going to get a iphone and they will be on there knees
    First of all, no customer should be humiliated publicly whether in VZW, Target, Wal Mart, Best Buy, grocery store, or whatever. It was for a screen protector issue, they should have just replaced them for you. I totally agree with that.

As a call center CS rep, I can tell you polishbolduser that the threat of going to cancel for the iPhone is not going to bring a supervisor or anyone else to their knees. On the Sprint forums, the CS reps say the customers threaten them to go to VZW, on AT&T the reps say they threaten to go to Verizon or Sprint. I hope you really don't think the iPhone threat is a huge threat. We hear it enough to know its not likely, and when someone threatens to take all their lines and port out today, and I see they have 5 lines, and they're all in contract, at the end of the day the customer is going to realize how empty that threat was. I'm not saying that upset or angry customers is a good thing, because my goal is first call resolution and a customer who hangs up as a promoter. If I give the customer options and they still make the threats, then I know I did everything I could to help the customer.
    11-26-08 09:35 PM
    I just had an AWESOME experience with Verizon using planetfeedback.com (sorry, I'm a new guy and can't post URLs yet! ) My wife and I were both using LG EnV's last week. My NE2 was up, so I could get the Storm for the discounted rate. I tried talking the CSR rep into allowing my wife to upgrade to a pink BB Curve a little early, as she was not elegible for an upgrade until 12/29/08. The CSR said no. Knowing that it's hit and miss with CSR's allowing you to upgrade early, we tried 2 other stores and got the same reply, "not until 12/29. If you want a Curve, it's full retail $$".

I logged onto planetfeedback, and wrote a letter asking why some people have been allowed to purchase a new phone at an upgrade price, sometimes as early as 6 months before their 2 year contract is due to expire. All I want is a little consistency here! If we are held to our contract "to the letter" that's understandable, by why are some CSR's willing and able to give an early upgrade, when others told me it was "impossible".

Planetfeedback has a list of the appropriate email address for most companies. In my case, it was sent to the HQ for executive relations. I was contacted by a very helpful CSR in less than 24 hours, who agreed that because we are long term customers, and would be upgrading to a BB plan, an early upgrade was a completely reasonable request. She ordered the phone for me while we were speaking and assured me it would arrive by monday!

Planetfeedback.com keeps a list of the top 75 companies that respond to their letters, and Verizon is rated number 2 (Citibank is #1). Using this website will always be my method of sending a complaint to a large company if the need arises is the future! I was amazed at how fast they responded, and how friendly and willing to help to Verizon rep I spoke with was.

On a side note. If you have an amazing experience with a company, planetfeedback will also send compliments to the appropriate person. And I know how much we all love to complain when we feel we have been treated unjustly (myself included). It's nice to take a moment and write a thank you letter when someone goes above and beyond!
    11-26-08 10:47 PM
    This is about a bitchy teenage/young girl that could care less about anyone but herself, has not one responsible bone in her body, shows no respect or decency towards anyone. She doesn't take one ounce of pride in her job and thinks being nice to people all day is such a pain in the ***. I'm sure everyone knows the type. You see the same thing at McDonald, Burger King, etc. These people don't care about you or your satisfaction, every successive young generation gets less kind toward others. I know nothing of Verizons hiring practices, but when there isn't much to choose from, you're going to have to settle for crap employees like this. I have run across more good reps than bad ones fortunately, many aren't very well educated on phones or anything related to their job, (again, this is because some don't care to learn or know anything) but a lot of the ones I've dealt with are at least decent people.

Oh and if it wasn't clear, yes I think this girl should be fired immediately, she's a worthless employee, prob. a worthless person.
    Last edited by D_Dog; 11-26-08 at 11:42 PM.
    11-26-08 11:40 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD