After months of following the Storm, I have to say im a bit disappointed in regards the final specs. I was really thinking that RIM would have went above and beyond the iphone to really show what they are made of. Instead, most of the specs are not that different from the iphone. Anyone else feel the same way?
    09-23-08 11:57 AM
    No, I wasn't expecting it to go 'above' and beyond the iPhone. I'm expecting it to take what the iPhone does and do it a little better. It has a high *** resolution screen, a different type of keyboard, a supposedly very good internet browser, and a 3.2 megapixel camera. That's exactly the stuff I wanted. What else were you hoping for?
    09-23-08 02:15 PM
    No Wifi is the biggest disappointment so far. My house is a black hole for ANY cell coverage, and Wifi would have really helped.
    09-23-08 02:19 PM
    I was hoping for tabbed browsing, flash on the camera, and the browser to support flash also. I still like the phone, I just thought RIM was going to try to be a little more competitive and try to beat the iphone specs, not just match them or beat them marginally. I know some people were really pushing for wifi also.
    09-23-08 02:20 PM
    There is a flash on the camera. Check out section 6 on the slides.
    09-23-08 02:21 PM
    I am in no way disappointed in this phone.the only thing that it doesn't have in regards to the iphone is wi-fi. The Storm has a 3.2 megapix camera with flash and video recording, copy and paste, standalone gps as well as turn by turn directions, and better screen resolution. Am I missing something here? This phone will be good for some and not so good for others but I am extremely happy with the specs and cannot wait to get my hands on this bad boy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-08 02:35 PM
    If it's a disappointment, don't buy it! One less person to stand behind in line the day its released. Thread closed......shut this s**t down! Whoo Hooh Storm!
    09-23-08 02:38 PM
    After months of following the Storm, I have to say im a bit disappointed in regards the final specs. I was really thinking that RIM would have went above and beyond the iphone to really show what they are made of. Instead, most of the specs are not that different from the iphone. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Yeah, I'm a little dissapointed, but hey, it's just a phone. If anything, it makes me upset with Verizon because there aren't that many smartphone's available to compete with the Bold, and they appear to be crippling the HTC Raphael. Verizon has no VGA options that don't suck in the coming future, and that's sad. 480x360 isn't high resolution, it's just standard.

I still think it's going to be a nice phone, just not as nice as it could have been. The 3.5mm jack sets it apart from the dongle-phones...
    09-23-08 02:58 PM
    I am in no way disappointed in this phone.the only thing that it doesn't have in regards to the iphone is wi-fi. The Storm has a 3.2 megapix camera with flash and video recording, copy and paste, standalone gps as well as turn by turn directions, and better screen resolution. Am I missing something here? This phone will be good for some and not so good for others but I am extremely happy with the specs and cannot wait to get my hands on this bad boy.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

If it's a disappointment, don't buy it! One less person to stand behind in line the day its released. Thread closed......shut this s**t down! Whoo Hooh Storm!
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    09-23-08 03:04 PM
    No Wifi is the biggest disappointment so far. My house is a black hole for ANY cell coverage, and Wifi would have really helped.
    Why is everyone so upset over the lack of wifi on this device? Don't you think that if RIM really saw this as a necessity, they would include it? RIM understands the CDMA networks are strong enough to not have the need for wifi capabilities. I do not understand why all everyone can do, it seems, is point out the negatives of this phone, or perceived negatives, rather.

09-23-08 03:11 PM
    I don't need wifi so this is great for me... Not at all a dissappointment
    09-23-08 03:11 PM
    I was mad that it didn't have a flash then I saw it on engadget and it does so now I'm good
    09-23-08 03:12 PM
    I don't need wifi, thats what the data plan is for. I'm not disappointed at all.
    09-23-08 03:16 PM
    I don't need wifi, thats what the data plan is for. I'm not disappointed at all.
    Why is everyone so upset over the lack of wifi on this device? Don't you think that if RIM really saw this as a necessity, they would include it? RIM understands the CDMA networks are strong enough to not have the need for wifi capabilities. I do not understand why all everyone can do, it seems, is point out the negatives of this phone, or perceived negatives, rather.

Both great points! If wifi is a must have for you, then this just isn't the phone for you. Rev A will be more than fast enough!!!
    09-23-08 03:33 PM
    So are we to assume that this is the information VZW is going to release tomorrow? I was hoping for a price and release date but if this is it, I guess we still have to wait.
    09-23-08 03:37 PM
    So are we to assume that this is the information VZW is going to release tomorrow? I was hoping for a price and release date but if this is it, I guess we still have to wait.
    Well, the slides had a date of September 15th, 2008. Maybe this has been in circulation before and only now got leaked. Note the 'for NDA only' disclosure at the beginning. That might explain why it took a week to get leaked. I have a feeling that tomorrow will just be another tease with slightly more information that can indeed be found in those slides. Or, Verizon could surprise us with a release date.
    09-23-08 03:40 PM
    I'm not holding my breath!!
    09-23-08 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD