This is literally pissing me the **** off. I know it is related to memory. Is there a way to stop this? I HATE LOSING GOD DAMN TEXT MESSAGES. This is the most God damn ridiculous thing they could think to do because of low application memory.

IS there a way to permanently STOP my Storm from removing non-saved text messages, forever!? It really ticks me off.
    03-04-09 01:24 PM
    Dude chill out.......

Plus you answered your own question......
    Last edited by spaciorek; 03-04-09 at 01:28 PM.
    03-04-09 01:26 PM
    get a memory card and move all your pics and or music to that to free up your phone memory. i had this problem when i first got my blackberry 4 yrs ago but since i have had my memory card i have not had a problem at all.

hope this helps...
    03-04-09 01:34 PM
    Mossy the strom comes with an 8GB sd card
    03-04-09 01:35 PM
    The phone should be able to manage it's application memory fine and write SMS and MMS messages to the internal 1GB of on board storage or the SD card. There is absolutely no reason it has to remove SMS messages when application memory runs low. That is absolutely pathetic.

Anyways, I am going to mess around with Dexrex (dexrex.com) until heaven forbid I have to write my own frickin application to archive message in my own sql database. I'm a freak when it comes to archiving data. I save all my email correspondence, chat history, EVERYTHING and it has proven very helpful when looking for information in a conversation from the past. For many this may seem useless but not for me.

This situation I (and so many others are in) is simply pathetic. There's no reason for it. "Save forever" really should mean "save forever" instead of "I think I'll save them until I feel like it".
    03-04-09 01:47 PM
    I had this problem on my pearl about once every other week. Extremely annoying, and yes quite pathetic that the software thinks the best solution to free up memory is to delete TEXT. Oddly enough though, since ive had my storm (since launch) I havent lost a text. Go figure.
    03-04-09 01:53 PM
    sorry about that i wasnt paying attention that you had a storm... i stepped on my own feet lol... well idk what to say now lol that fixed my problem when i had that issue...
    03-04-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD