When I connected to Desktop Manager today for a periodic back-up, it showed that there was a software update for my 9530. So I went ahead with it. I already had the .148 and it still is .148, so I don't know what happened. In any case, none of my selected ringtones sound anymore! I can't even use it for my alarm clock tomorrow morning :-(
    Anyone have any idea what to do next? Thanks.
    10-11-09 11:01 PM
    Does anything from your media card load? Since you had it plugged into the computer it likley went into mass storage mode. Occasionally mine will glitch and not exit mass storage mode therefore anything stored on the media card (custom ringtones) is not accessible. A battery pull will usually fix it.
    10-12-09 03:23 AM
    The ol' battery pull did it! My custom ringtones are back! Thanks!
    10-12-09 07:08 AM
    The only good piece of info I read that seems to be exact on here is "do a battery pull" It cures almost everything. lol
    10-12-09 07:15 AM
    Same thing happened to me with the songs but I didnt upgrade anything...weird? I tried a battery pull and no go, any other suggestions??
    10-12-09 01:25 PM
    Same thing happened to me and the battery pull did not help. Any suggestions?
    10-13-09 07:52 PM
    I just downgraded to an old os and upgraded back to where I was. That fixed it.
    10-14-09 01:37 AM
    The same thing happened to me. I noticed that when I went to reset my ringtones that all of the default ringtones were missing. I then put my phone into Mass Storage Mode and connected to my computer. Normally, the Storm will show as 2 hard disk drives when connected to the computer but it only showed 1. After a battery pull, I was able to see both drives and had access to all of the original ringtones.

-Steven
    10-14-09 10:58 AM
    Anyone know what this "upgrade" does?
    10-14-09 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD