I have a strange problem where contacts are disappearing from my phone and computer....

I have an aluminum iMac (early 2008). I couldn't get PocketMac to work, so I completely uninstalled that according to the various instructions I found online (uninstalling, and then removing the various folders and files left behind).

I then installed (and wasted $40) on Missing Sync, which has wonderfully lived up to its name, because it's causing my contacts to go missing.

With Missing Sync installed any contact that I edit on the BB disappears from both the BB and my address book on the Mac once I sync it after the edit. I thought that it was me at first, but finally realized what was happening after about the 10th contact mysteriously disappeared.

It's not a conflict problem, and I've had smartphones for years, so all of my conflict permissions & computer vs. handheld permissions are set correctly. I'm using BIS, so there's no wireless syncing of contacts going on, and disabled the MobileMe sync/backup that was running on the computer.

So now I'm left with no sync. I tried PocketMac with the updated drivers and it still won't work. Their tech support is absolutely horrid. I emailed them explaining that the sync still won't work even with the updates and their reply was simply a copy/paste of the driver update instructions. 5 days later and I'm still waiting on their next followup with me.
    12-05-08 07:30 AM
    any suggestions? anyone? please!!!
    12-05-08 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD