Hi,

I was on BES up until yesterday and because of that I had to have a password on my phone. However, I switched to the 29.99 plan and now no longer have access to my BES e-mail (which is what I wanted). HOWEVER, now the option to disable the password is still locked! How can I disable the password?

Thanks!
    04-07-09 01:03 PM
    also, I'm looking to buy a new case...I have the clear verizon hard case now (a little too bulky for me). Any case that fits the 9500 is fine for the 9530 right? no physical difference?
    04-07-09 01:16 PM
    ** PREVIOUSLY POSTED BY ANOTHER USER*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS FOR REMOVING AN IT POLICY

Things you’ll need before you get started:
    •Be sure to have an uninstalled copy of the Blackberry Desktop Manager software.
    •Be sure to have JL_Cmder.cmd.. THIS TOOL IS VERY HELPFUL BUT VERY DANGEROUS. BEWARE!!
    •Download the file http://crackberry.com/files/itwesq/policy.bin

Next,
    •Resync your device
    •Uninstall Desktop manager.
    •Run Regedit and navigate to: HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion. Delete this entire key and reboot your machine.
    •Next, reinstall Desktop Manager.
    •Copy the downloaded the file policy.bin to your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
    •Run Regedit and navigate to: HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to: C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
    •Reboot the machine again.

Now the fun part.
    •Run Desktop Manager and connect the device. DO NOT SYNCRONIZE YOUR DEVICE AT THIS POINT..

•Run the JL_Cmder.cmd program and ‘hit any key to continue’.

•Next follow the instructions concerning your Blackberry Password options.
    • BE VERY CAREFUL AT THIS POINT!!!

Option 5 will completely WIPE the device: OS and all! Once done, there is no turning back.
    Option 6 will return the device to factory defaults. This option didn’t work for me.
    •Once completed, the program will tell you to reset the battery on your device. At this point, your Blackberry is a paper weight.

Ok, now we’re ready to reload the OS on the device.

•Run Desktop Manager and be sure the device is connected. Don’t worry that the program doesn’t recognize that a device is connected. Again, the device is a paper weight now.
    •In Desktop Manager, go to Application Loader.
    •Click Update Software ‘START’.
    •Follow the instructions. ***I recommend going to Advanced/Options to select the OS options you want installed on your device.
    •ONCE THE DEVICE IS FULLY LOADED, DO NOT TURN ON THE RADIO!!!
    •On the device, go to Options, Security Options, Firewall. The status should be ‘Disabled’. If not, then something is wrong. I had to perform these steps twice before I got it right.. If it is ‘Disabled’ then under ‘Block Incoming Messages’ click the ‘Enterprise Email’ box. This should prevent the old policy from being pushed back to the device.

•Back out of Options and turn on the radio..

At this point you should be good. I recommend checking the Firewall Status from time to time.
    After MANY attempts, mine is working fine. Docs to Go, Audible and the player in the Sprint Music Store all work great.

Like the original post said, these steps should only be used on devices that are no longer being managed by a BES (especially if you value your job). Ie, a device purchased on EBay, of if you left your last company and they let you keep the device.
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 04-07-09 at 01:57 PM.
    04-07-09 01:51 PM
    also, I'm looking to buy a new case...I have the clear verizon hard case now (a little too bulky for me). Any case that fits the 9500 is fine for the 9530 right? no physical difference?
    Check out this thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ful...magnet-201042/

As far as Disable Password Goto options > Password > disable password
    04-07-09 01:51 PM
    ** PREVIOUSLY POSTED BY ANOTHER USER*** USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. THIS IS FOR REMOVING AN IT POLICY

Step 1 Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

Step 2 Download the file http://crackberry.com/files/itwesq/policy.bin and save it in your Blackberry installation directory (C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry).
    Step 3 Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

If this option is unavailable, you may have to install the latest software on your Blackberry. You need to Download and install the latest Desktop Manger Software, then the latest Handheld Software. Connect your device, open the Desktop Manager, select Application Loader, and follow the prompts.

Step 4 Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.
    Step 5 From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value Path. Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin
    Step 6 Open the Desktop Manager.
    Step 7 Connect the Device.

Verification
    Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.

I've used this on my 8700g, & my 8100 Pearl, and it works!

***use as is, and am not responsible for data loss, or BlackBerry / PC corruption! Also, you could get dismissed for doing this!

FYI - Removing the I.T. Policy is really more for people that have bought a BlackBerry on eBay or something, and it came with an I.T. Policy and thus they can't install anything...***
    Last edited by Bigdaddy2009; 04-07-09 at 01:57 PM.
    04-07-09 01:54 PM
    im a little confused....is this if i want to remove a password AND stay on my BES server??? i just want to remove the password, I should already be off the BES
    04-07-09 10:12 PM
    I had the exact same problem. I had a phone which was connected to the company�s BES, but now it is my personal phone. The password policies were very strong, and removing those policies was one of the first things that I wanted to do after getting off the BES.

I upgraded to a leaked OS (.113) thinking that would take care of it, but it did not. I still could not change the password settings. However, I just followed the steps Bigdaddy2009 laid out in his second post and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for the post!
    04-10-09 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD