Would it be possibles for anyone to make an app that controls the storms click?

Its not that I don't like the click its just sometime it would be a little better to just touch instead of touch then click.

I would donate but I'm not old enough to own a credit card/paypal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:37 AM
    +1 great idea!!
    02-16-09 03:25 AM
    The whole idea of the phone is to click

02-16-09 03:48 AM
    i know but when im in class i always get caught texting because of the sound
    02-16-09 03:58 AM
    The whole idea of the phone is to click

no its not
    02-16-09 06:47 AM
    Wait if they can hear your phone clicking in class are you always taking tests or does your teacher enjoy a good hour of absolute "quiet time"?

02-16-09 08:53 AM
    Put your phone away inclass.

02-16-09 08:58 AM

you will always be caught, click or no click, we always know.
    02-16-09 09:13 AM
    The click is a mechanical sound not a software sound. The phone will click and YES it is by design. Jake the phone is 2 stage system if you will the first stage is recognizing where your finger is then to execute the touch you have to "push" the screen. So the click is in the design.
    02-16-09 09:16 AM
    Not texting in class is a guaranteed way not to get caught.

02-16-09 09:20 AM
    Apps can be designed without the click (ie. storm piano, and etch a sketch), but from what I have heard in order for this to happen with the OS, RIM would have to allow it via software. In my opinion the click doesn't make the phone its only a part of the whole process. It's only intention is to give some feedback of clicking a button. I agree there should an option to "touch only" to select things. I have heard someone say it would be possible to make a 3rd party keyboard app that allowed "touch only" selection. But not sure if this is true or not. I guess RIM would also have to allow 3rd party keyboards to override their keyboard, we'll see though.
    02-16-09 10:51 AM
    It has to be possible. Navigating with opera mini is touch only.
    02-16-09 11:19 AM
    The point is you should not text in class. You should be PAYING ATTENTION. I think this is why you are there.... at least I hope so.
    04-26-09 11:19 AM
    1. Don't text in class and you won't get caught.

2. You can't silence a physical click.
    04-26-09 12:30 PM
    I have Opra Mini loaded on my Storm and when in OM you make selections by just touching the screen. So it must be possible to turn off the click.
    04-26-09 12:35 PM
    Way to bring this back from the grave to yell at some kid.
    04-26-09 12:38 PM
    Would it be possibles for anyone to make an app that controls the storms click?

Its not that I don't like the click its just sometime it would be a little better to just touch instead of touch then click.

I would donate but I'm not old enough to own a credit card/paypal.

Impossible, because it is a mechanical click not electronic like a key tone.
    04-26-09 04:45 PM
    The point is you should not text in class. You should be PAYING ATTENTION. I think this is why you are there.... at least I hope so.
    You know you are talking to some kid that posted this back in Feb, and probably hasn't been back since he only has 9 total posts on Crackberry. Just curious on why you would try to join a conversation that ended months ago.
    04-26-09 05:01 PM
    I have Opra Mini loaded on my Storm and when in OM you make selections by just touching the screen. So it must be possible to turn off the click.

Just because opera mini does not utilize the clock portion of the ui does NOT mean you can make an app to get rid of the click, I mean technically you "could" but that would mean making a whole new interface and programming, something nobody here would do for free, and even then if you pressed down by accident it would still make a click sound, there is NO WAY TO GET RID OF THE PHONE MAKING A CLICK. Just to recap you can make apps that do not require you to click down, but the click will always be there.
    04-26-09 06:17 PM
    I can see the appeal in the question. It must be possible. Anyone, what would it take?
    04-26-09 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD