Ok I know where I can change the options so that my phone does not answer when I pull my phone out of my seidio holster to check who is calling.
    However is there any way to change the option so when I get an text, mms, IM alert or more importantly e-mail that when I pull it out of my holster it does not auto open?
    I dont know how many times I pulled it out and it opened up a SPAM message.
    Would like it to just do nothing or maybe go to the main messages screen, IM client screen or txt msg screen and show me and then let me select it.

Just curious since I cannot find it at all and was looking for some help.

Thanks
    01-10-09 02:20 AM
    Been trying to figure that one out too, haven't yet unless it's something so simple, I overlooked it.
    01-10-09 02:22 AM
    Been trying to figure that one out too, haven't yet unless it's something so simple, I overlooked it.
    I am with you as well trying to figure it out and I feel stupid since it seems like an easy option you would select. Just not sure where it is and if I have just been overlooking while trying to find it.

Hopefully someone out there has some more insight at all.
    01-10-09 01:57 PM
    If you remove your device from its holster immediately after a message arrives, the BB assumes you want to read the new message and helpfully opens it for you. You cannot disable this behavior. If you wait at least 15 seconds after the message arrives to remove your BB from the holster, it won't open automatically.
    01-10-09 02:15 PM
    If you remove your device from its holster immediately after a message arrives, the BB assumes you want to read the new message and helpfully opens it for you. You cannot disable this behavior. If you wait at least 15 seconds after the message arrives to remove your BB from the holster, it won't open automatically.
    Thanks that is what I have been doing for the time being is just waiting but sometimes I get it to early and whala a ***SPAM*** message.
    Waiting was my temporary fix for the time being until I could figure out if there was a setting in order to change the operation on the way it does it or handles it coming out of the holster.
    Guess I will continue on the same path, thanks again much appreciated.
    01-10-09 02:20 PM
    When speaking of the holster (along with the holster options in the BB menu), is this specifically speaking of an actual holster, or are the cases with the magnets viewed as the same by the Storm?

Are holsters and cases that use magnets in them synonymous?

BTW, great forums! BB noobie here (is that a nooBB?), and the wealth of information here is staggering!!!
    01-10-09 02:20 PM
    Holsters and cases with magnets in them work the same way. The magnet is the key.
    01-10-09 02:24 PM
    Holsters and cases with magnets in them work the same way. The magnet is the key.
    Thanks. Good to know.
    01-10-09 02:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD