I can add a line at anytime to the wife's plan and I need a phone bad. I have an 8830 thats a work phone no problem. The reason I need a phone I have just become a LLC and need a business phone. Here is the ultimate question? Do I buy a curve and hope for the Storm to release within 30 days or do I wait.......
    10-10-08 01:00 PM
    I would never assume a device will be released on such a date until it is actually in stores. Case in point would be the release of the Bold on AT&T. It's had a lot of rumored dates but is still delayed.
    10-10-08 01:17 PM
    The safest thing to do would be to use your 8830 on a Pay as You Go Plan, then buy the storm on contract and you'll be able to port the number over, easily i would assume.
    10-10-08 01:22 PM
    Well I can say i'm right here with you kinda lol!! I do have a pearl 8130 and was wanting to upgrade but was waiting for the storm to hit canada. well doesn't look like it's gonna happen any time soon. But my 1yr is up in jan. 2009 for replacement. My pearl is acting crazy, these days. But i was wondering the same thing if I should just get a Curve and hope beforre 30 days the storm will come OR get a Curve and the suck it up and pay for the storm. That's what happened with the Curve. I got the pearl then 2 months later the curve came and the idiots at Telus knew and didn't share the info. big suprise. lol!! good luck in what you do. I do agree with the pp as well that you could get prepaid for now if you REALLY want the storm and then wait. then you aren't out of pocket alot.
    10-10-08 01:33 PM
    Ok to clarify i have a business phone my 8830 paid for by my company (it's nice being the IT guy). SO pay as you go will not work....anyway I need a second phone a BB just wondering outloud about getting the curve then hope and pray storm launches before nov 10.
    10-10-08 02:08 PM
    The launch will be soon, but what if it's not until right before Thanksgiving. Then you're SOL. I'd avoid buying and then hoping it's within 30 days. I would pick up something cheap until then though. Either way good luck.
    10-10-08 02:29 PM
    No problem done deal with my VZW rep.
    10-11-08 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD