Hey guys. I'm sure something like this has been posted already, but I just wanted to put my specific problem up here. I'm a first-time Blackberry user with the new Storm, and I'm new to the site. I love the device, but I got The Dark Knight on Blu-ray with the digital copy disc today, and I got it loaded onto my laptop without problems, but the Storm won't let me copy it with Roxio. I also tried Handbrake and DVDShrink, but they didn't work either. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks!
    12-09-08 01:05 PM
    There is a complete thread with screen shots and everything. Did you search for that?
    12-09-08 01:07 PM
    Companies today are writing new encryption codes on their movies and the software can't decrypt it just yet. Same problem that happened years ago when you tried to burn a dvd the encryption wouldn't let you.
    12-09-08 01:08 PM
    I've heard about films coming with the digital copy but I've never played around with one. What format is it in? Or maybe it comes in multiple formats? Did you try just copying it to your Storm without conversion and see if it plays?
    12-09-08 01:09 PM
    i used ANYDVD along with Handbrake. ANYDVD is free for 21 days, before paying for it.

had same problems, now I am getting crystal clear dvds onto my storm
    12-09-08 01:10 PM
    Blue rays are still a ripping, encoding "challenge", not, not do able, just a challenge I haven't had the time for.
    .avi's really are the easiest format to start encoding from.

I am also curious about the digital copies that are coming out with some new releases, Wanted comes to mind.
    12-09-08 01:16 PM
    Hey guys. I'm sure something like this has been posted already, but I just wanted to put my specific problem up here. I'm a first-time Blackberry user with the new Storm, and I'm new to the site. I love the device, but I got The Dark Knight on Blu-ray with the digital copy disc today, and I got it loaded onto my laptop without problems, but the Storm won't let me copy it with Roxio. I also tried Handbrake and DVDShrink, but they didn't work either. Anybody got any info on this? Thanks!
    Hello Warrior,

Funny you asked this question. I too just bought the Blu-Ray version of The Dark Knight. I copied the digital copy to my computer also. The problem is that you had to either use itunes or windows media player to copy the movie to your hard drive. When you did that you had to enter a key which in turn encypted the file with a license. So, long story short, you can only play the encrypted movie on "approved" devices...ie iPod, Zune. Those devices also transfer over the license to the media device.

I searched all morning to find a program that wipes the license off .mpV but my search came up empty. I tried all those programs too but they are unable to break through the license. If anyone has the answer to cracking this, I would greatly appreciate it.

**Note this not the normal ripping a DVD to an .mpV file. Newer blu-ray discs are also including in the package a disc which is labeled "Digital Copy" This disc when put into a dvd rom on your computer, transfer over a .mpV file which is locked and encrypted to either itunes or Windows media player.**
    Last edited by mattsh33; 12-09-08 at 01:22 PM.
    12-09-08 01:19 PM
    There is a complete thread with screen shots and everything. Did you search for that?
    I did try searching for "digital copy", but I didn't find it. I'll check again.

Blue rays are still a ripping, encoding "challenge", not, not do able, just a challenge I haven't had the time for.
    .avi's really are the easiest format to start encoding from.

I am also curious about the digital copies that are coming out with some new releases, Wanted comes to mind.
    The digital copy that comes with Dark Knight (and I assume the other films as well) is a DVD, not Blu-ray, it's WMA format, and there's the option of either copying it with Windows Media or getting the copy from the Istore.
    12-09-08 01:21 PM

The digital copy that comes with Dark Knight (and I assume the other films as well) is a DVD, not Blu-ray, it's WMA format, and there's the option of either copying it with Windows Media or getting the copy from the Istore.
    Ohh the storm can't play wma I believe. Try converting it to mp4 first then it should be fine.
    12-09-08 01:22 PM

Have you tried dropping it into super..
    You might also look at making an iso and converting that, long way around, but that should remove the drm..
    If you do find a solution, please post it..
    12-09-08 01:27 PM
    Have you tried dropping it into super..
    You might also look at making an iso and converting that, long way around, but that should remove the drm..
    If you do find a solution, please post it..
    I personally have not tried Super. I just assumed if handbrake threw out a bunch of errors because it could not read the protected .mpV file, nothing could.
    12-09-08 01:29 PM
    Pure: I just realized you asked about Blu-ray. I believe the thread I am referring to is about transferring DVDs... but it's worth a shot.
    12-09-08 01:30 PM
    Do a search for Tune Bite in google. It is a legal software design to allow you the ability to remove copy protection on things you own such as movies and music. It does cost you but worth it.

I have done this for Rambo, Die Hard 4 and I am Legend. I also use this for Songs I purchase it makes it easy to transfer to any device. Also it works nice on movies because in the event you need to reformat your PC hard drive you wont need to go to the movie production house(ie 20th Century Fox) to free up a license for you.

Or if your have a blue ray player on your PC try DVD43 and a ripping software like Roxio to convert it to .avi or mp4.
    12-09-08 01:31 PM
    Do a search for Tune Bite in google. It is a legal software design to allow you the ability to remove copy protection on things you own such as movies and music. It does cost you but worth it.

I have done this for Rambo, Die Hard 4 and I am Legend. I also use this for Songs I purchase it makes it easy to transfer to any device. Also it works nice on movies because in the event you need to reformat your PC hard drive you wont need to go to the movie production house(ie 20th Century Fox) to free up a license for you.

Or if your have a blue ray player on your PC try DVD43 and a ripping software like Roxio to convert it to .avi or mp4.
    I want a free open source program. BOO to programs you need to pay for!
    12-09-08 01:37 PM
    I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to get the digital copy onto a standard DVD so I can play it on a regular DVD player. If I figure that out, I'll be able to get it on the storm too.
    12-09-08 01:52 PM
    I've been trying (unsuccessfully) to figure out how to get the digital copy onto a standard DVD so I can play it on a regular DVD player. If I figure that out, I'll be able to get it on the storm too.
    That's something I didn't think about (duh!). What happens if you try to burn the digital copy onto a DVD-R/RW? If it works at all, please post.
    12-09-08 01:57 PM
    ConvertXtoDvd is my program of choice.
    Sourceforge has some freebies also SourceForge.net: Software Map
    12-09-08 02:03 PM
    I've wondered about this myself. I've had success putting DVD's onto my Storm, but I was wondering about the Digital copies that come with Blu-Ray's. I almost considered buying the Blu-Ray version for the house, and getting the regular DVD for the sole purpose of putting it on my storm!
    12-09-08 02:10 PM
    There is a program called Tunebite that will take movies and TV shows in iTunes (DRM protected) and while playing them, make a non-protected copy (you can pick the format). It's only on the PC, but does seem to work.
    12-09-08 02:26 PM
    I've wondered about this myself. I've had success putting DVD's onto my Storm, but I was wondering about the Digital copies that come with Blu-Ray's. I almost considered buying the Blu-Ray version for the house, and getting the regular DVD for the sole purpose of putting it on my storm!
    How about renting it
    12-09-08 02:26 PM
    How about renting it
    Now that is a slick idea!
    12-09-08 02:28 PM
    Now that is a slick idea!
    Digital copies come on a second disc so you can't do that or if they are on the first disc, you need the key to unlock... good idea but no go.
    12-09-08 02:44 PM
    Digital copies come on a second disc so you can't do that or if they are on the first disc, you need the key to unlock... good idea but no go.
    I took sarahbara's comment to mean, rent the DVD version (not the Blu Ray) and rip it to a format for the Storm. I'm sure most people don't want the Blu-Ray on their Storm. It would be huge and a waste of resolution.
    12-09-08 02:49 PM

YEAH!! That's what I was about to say!!!! (actually, I wasnt....I was about to say "DUH, why didnt I think about renting?!")
    12-09-08 02:50 PM
    AnyDVD and cloneDVDmobile are the way to go bud!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 03:44 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD