I hold down the menu button to see the running applications and for example i try to close application center once i click on the icon then click the menu button again to "close" the application center, it closes but when I go back and hold down the menu button it is still there and so i blackberry messenger.

I know there might be some apps that need to be running but which ones need to stay running and which ones dont?
    12-28-08 09:42 PM
    Depending on what you have, but BB Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, Phone, Messages, App Center, and a few other ones, but like i said....depends on what you got.
    12-28-08 09:47 PM
    in addition you can't close the talklock application if you have that installed
    12-28-08 09:48 PM
    Depending on what you have, but BB Messenger, Browser, Home Screen, Phone, Messages, App Center, and a few other ones, but like i said....depends on what you got.
    I am not sure I understand what you are getting at...depends on what I got?
    12-28-08 09:52 PM
    You can get rid of App Center by turning off Auto refresh from the menu inside of it.

You can also close out apps by holding down the back button. This will not work on some apps that may use Exit instead of Close.
    12-28-08 09:53 PM
    phone, browser, bb messenger, email, and home screen are the apps that come installed on the phone without any 3rd party apps that stay running in background at all times
    12-28-08 09:53 PM
    I am not sure I understand what you are getting at...depends on what I got?
    Depends what apps you have aalready downloaded and what came installed on your Storm.

As CMGEEK mentioned the TALKLOCK app does not ever close. Neither do the ones i mentioned.
    12-28-08 09:56 PM
    Depends what apps you have aalready downloaded and what came installed on your Storm.

As CMGEEK mentioned the TALKLOCK app does not ever close. Neither do the ones i mentioned.
    Ok, i understand. The ones that i need to pay attention to are the ones that I download and run is that it? Thanks for your help.
    12-28-08 10:00 PM
    Ok, i understand. The ones that i need to pay attention to are the ones that I download and run is that it? Thanks for your help.

Some of the ones you download will sometimes close and sometimes just stay open.

You are just going to have to try it and find out for yourself.
    12-28-08 10:05 PM
    I am also experiencing the issue with the Application Center staying up, it is there and when I select it, it does not go to the application center, it just does nothing...

I did turn off the auto refresh though, thank you for that tip...I think I will try restarting the phone real quick...
    12-28-08 10:10 PM
    I am also experiencing the issue with the Application Center staying up, it is there and when I select it, it does not go to the application center, it just does nothing...

I did turn off the auto refresh though, thank you for that tip...I think I will try restarting the phone real quick...

auto refresh? how does that play into this situation?
    12-28-08 10:55 PM
    i don't know how it plays into this situation but i thought it'd be good to turn off and above was a tip on how to
    12-29-08 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD