Well I ordered a BB Storm through Amazon wireless and got it yesterday and noticed two things. First, the phone had some scratches on it. It's supposedly a brand new phone. And second, the click screen was very different from all the other Storms I used. It wouldn't really click that much....felt very stiff especially in the corners. I called them up and they sent me a new replacement today and this one clicks a lot more different. It feels like there's a much bigger gap between the screen and the phone itself.

Is this a common problem where each click screen behaves differently? lol

What is the correct "feel"?

thanks
    06-19-09 05:08 PM
    Well I ordered a BB Storm through Amazon wireless and got it yesterday and noticed two things. First, the phone had some scratches on it. It's supposedly a brand new phone. And second, the click screen was very different from all the other Storms I used. It wouldn't really click that much....felt very stiff especially in the corners. I called them up and they sent me a new replacement today and this one clicks a lot more different. It feels like there's a much bigger gap between the screen and the phone itself.

Is this a common problem where each click screen behaves differently? lol

What is the correct "feel"?

thanks
    Yes there has been issues with some storm screens, but you did the right thing by sending it back in and getting a new one.
    06-19-09 05:16 PM
    It's funny cuz I don't how how it's supposed to feel?

Really tight like the old one or a lil loose like the replacement lol
    06-19-09 05:22 PM
    It's funny cuz I don't how how it's supposed to feel?

Really tight like the old one or a lil loose like the replacement lol
    As long as it works fine for you. Go into a store and mess with the demo ones and you will see a difference in those as well. My screen isnt loose but it isnt stiff. It works like it should.
    06-19-09 05:50 PM
    yes i just left nextel for verizon about week or so now ... and i brought my wife's phone in today for the same reason and now the second phone does the same thing (brand new out of the box) ... i mean WTF !?!?!?
    06-19-09 09:43 PM
    yes i just left nextel for verizon about week or so now ... and i brought my wife's phone in today for the same reason and now the second phone does the same thing (brand new out of the box) ... i mean WTF !?!?!?
    If it is truly a defective unit then keep taking them back and getting new ones. In fact when you get the replacement one at the store why not take it out of the box before you leave the store and make sure its good.
    06-19-09 10:33 PM
    If it is truly a defective unit then keep taking them back and getting new ones. In fact when you get the replacement one at the store why not take it out of the box before you leave the store and make sure its good.
    yea i am going to keep doing that ... my wife now is on her 3rd phone and the only part of the screen that clicks fine is in the middle ... so far the only phone(s) that clicks fine on every part of the screen is my phone and the display model <--- in the store.
    06-21-09 05:23 PM
    It just amazes me day after day, reading about poor people like you who have to go through all of these screen problems. I mean, if the Storm was not ready to be released, then it never should have been.

I've been very lucky i that I've had minimal problems with mine, since I got it in January.

However, WTF is correct!
    six months later and they still don't have the screen thing correct on models? Come on! RIM needs some better quality control.
    Thus ends my rant. Sorry to interject my thoughts if it's in the wrong part of the forum, but it's crazy how many people have problems with this thing.

I'm thankful I'm one of the lucky ones...
    06-21-09 07:22 PM
    Yes the Storm has build quality issues and inconsistency problems. Why do you think RIM is getting the Storm 2 out so fast?

The Storm was a success for RIM and a good first try at something new for the company but I think the whole screen issue, buttons falling off, etc. really left a bad taste in their mouths and they want to correct it all.

A good example would be why the call and end buttons are now part of the screen on the Storm 2. That's right you guessed it, problem with buttons falling off solved.
    06-21-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD