I have a canadian earlier model which I ordered a replacement for due to the screen clicking issue.. i have just received mexico model and the canadian screen is much sharper and brighter... anyone notice this difference between models.. Im a lil dissappointed Im thinking about stayin with small click problem due to much crisper and brighter screen... does anyone have same issue...
    12-10-08 09:54 PM
    yes mine is the same way. my mexican isnt as bright, but i can only tell a differance when side by side
    12-10-08 09:57 PM
    Not sure which thread it was, but that person had the same issue. Great clicking, but very dim and washed out colors. IMO, I'd send it back. I could deal with a less clicky screen, but I won't accept a poor display on a $500 phone.
    12-10-08 09:58 PM
    ive had both mexico and canada screens, my mexico screen looked sharper than my canada screen so u cant rely on that
    12-10-08 10:00 PM
    Mine have all been Canadian and I have seen both the blue tint and the more clear tint that some call yellow tint. Personally,I like the yellow tint more than the blue.
    12-10-08 10:04 PM
    My brother just got his "mexican" phone and mine is from canada. His appeared to be brighter and sharper, so this is not consistent.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 10:07 PM
    well I like the blue tinted color better... I think Im sending this one back...
    12-10-08 10:12 PM
    i dont understand the difference. how do you see a yellow or blue tint?
    12-10-08 10:13 PM
    they get more sun in mexico..
    12-10-08 10:14 PM
    Its just has the "warmer" color like the whole screen has a sepia tint.
    i guess i just have to see it to understand.
    12-10-08 10:15 PM
    I had a canada model manufactured 11/20 which had the screen click problem and they replaced it with a mexico model manufactured 11/26 and the screen clicking is awesome! Not having put them up side by side, I'm plenty pleased with the brightness and resolution of my mexico model! I don't even notice a difference!
    12-10-08 11:43 PM
    I have a canadian earlier model which I ordered a replacement for due to the screen clicking issue.. i have just received mexico model and the canadian screen is much sharper and brighter... anyone notice this difference between models.. Im a lil dissappointed Im thinking about stayin with small click problem due to much crisper and brighter screen... does anyone have same issue...
    Okay im having the EXACT same issues. Im so stumped on what i should do. Canada, bad click, sharp screen, Mexico, great click not so sharp screen. UGHHH this is frustrating
    12-10-08 11:50 PM
    i guess i just have to see it to understand.
    i dont understand the difference. how do you see a yellow or blue tint?

Here ya go

Last edited by Jmack98; 12-11-08 at 12:05 AM.
    12-11-08 12:00 AM
    Man....is this the Storm or XBOX 360? Hope mine is good when it gets here, but I'm bracing myself for a letdown. IMO, that yellow tint looks horrible. The other one looks MUCH better.
    12-11-08 12:02 AM
    Ya man, forget this the difference is seriously significant and ANNOYING. The picture Jmack98 posted shows the difference but if you could see it in person, one would really see that the yellowish tint is bs! just watch the Babylon A.D. trailer on both simultaneously and you could see a big difference in the pictures. Just going through the phone and using it in general you could see the difference in the color of the two.

Im sending mine back for sure. I want one that clicks and has the sharp screen. I want to be able to use this phone to its max potential because it really is a great device.
    12-11-08 12:13 AM
    Well. I have had two storms so far. The first phone was bought on release day, the second was shipped to my house today. Both were made in Canada. The first was made on 11-13 and the second was 12-04.

The second one definitely has a warmer look to it. But to me, it actually looks a lot better than the more blue screen in person. Pictures and video look great on it. Also, they are both amazingly sharp and bright, no difference there. The second one has perfect click response everywhere on the screen, so I am keeping it for sure.
    12-11-08 12:40 AM
    Ya man, forget this the difference is seriously significant and ANNOYING.
    I agree. The difference is HUGE and 99% of people would prefer one or the other. It is not something that you would look at and say I like them both. After seeing them side by side in person I will only take the yellow/warm screen while others only want the blue/cool screen.

I am hoping this is something like a TV where you can change the output on every device to be warm vs cool. If so I am sure there will be an app that can change the screen tint. At least I hope so.
    12-11-08 12:52 AM
    I agree. The difference is HUGE and 99% of people would prefer one or the other. It is not something that you would look at and say I like them both. After seeing them side by side in person I will only take the yellow/warm screen while others only want the blue/cool screen.

I am hoping this is something like a TV where you can change the output on every device to be warm vs cool. If so I am sure there will be an app that can change the screen tint. At least I hope so.
    So....you wanna trade then? lol
    12-11-08 12:57 AM
    I believe you will find the warmer (aka darker) screen reproduces color more accurately. I actually prefer it. It does appear darker how-ever to me the brighter screen is slightly washed out.

I have both. I honestly could live with either as both are leaps and bounds better than the typical iphone 3g screen.

AF
    12-11-08 01:03 AM
    3 canucks that sucked and 1 mexican doing well. All the screens were beautiful, it ws the click and software for me.
    12-11-08 01:14 AM
    So....you wanna trade then? lol
    The one I have now is warm but I have another replacement on the way. Fingers crossed that it is warm as well. Thanks for the offer though
    12-11-08 01:32 AM
    mine is made in mexico and it has the brighter bluish tint to it... go figure.
    12-11-08 01:36 AM
    Hmm, I've had three phones although never side by side and have not noticed this. I think maybe I have the blue tint now so maybe I had blue on all three of my phones. I had a phone from Canada too. I just know if you have the auto dim backlight on it will mess with the brightness horribly.
    12-11-08 02:10 AM
    I guess it comes down to personal preference for some but, if you actually compare images from the more "yellowish/tinted/warmer" screened storms to the same images online i.e. google searches from computer moniters, and other phones they do not match. It seems most display show the images in the same color tone and white balance as the storms with the more bluish brighter screens than the more "yellowish" looking tinted screens. It seems like almost every type of display ive compared to the more "tinted/yellowish" storms do agree. The images appear the way they do like on the more blueish screens if this makes any sense. This would cause me to believe that the screen thats having a warmer yellowish appearance to it is actually off from how most other hi resolution screens look
    12-11-08 02:11 AM
    Well again, it is all personal preference. The problem with comparing the Storm's screen to other "high resolution" screens is that most people don't calibrate them. Any correctly calibrated screen used for Hi-Def and colour reproduction will look darker, and warmer (more natural) than a screen that was not. Some people think that this warmer look is wrong and not accurate, but in reality it is. LCDs are always to blue/cool!
    12-11-08 10:25 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD