I am a totally newbie to the world of BB but I, so far, love my storm. But I was wondering as I was reading through so many threads, what is the difference between BES & BIS.. How would I know this??

Tks!
    02-16-09 07:59 PM
    You would know....
    02-16-09 08:01 PM
    Blackberry Enterprise Server is for getting company E-Mail from your work account

Blackberry Internet Service is for getting your personal E-Mail on your device.

If it is your personal device, you will likely be using the internet service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 08:02 PM
    CrackBerryEric is correct, though the BES plans usually include the BIS portion. Also its Solution now, not Server/Service. Not sure why the name change but its the same as TSupport going to Tech Support
    02-16-09 08:08 PM
    Blackberry Enterprise Server is for getting company E-Mail from your work account

Blackberry Internet Service is for getting your personal E-Mail on your device.

If it is your personal device, you will likely be using the internet service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I get work emails via BIS conduits.
    02-16-09 09:33 PM
    Thank you for answering that for me. So my husbands curve is more than likely on BES since he got it from work for work and mine, since it's for my personal use is BIS...got it!

Tks,
    Nancy
    02-17-09 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD