Hi all, I'm a bit of a new boy to the forum....

I just got myself a Bold, but I'm wondering if I got the right phone...

I posted this question on the Bold forum yesterday and got a lot of really good feedback, but I wanted to post the same question on the Storm forum to hopefully see the other side of the argument...

I got myself a Blackberry Bold this week...

I love the email and I love the whole feel and build quality of it, but I'm wondering if I got the right Blackberry for me...?

I'm having trouble with the screen size, I really have to look hard at it, and I'm wondering if I would have been better with a Storm...?

I'm also thinking the camera on the Bold is not very good..., I went away this weekend and took a whole load of photos and I was very dissapointed with them compared to my old Sony K800i...

The general view before I got the Bold was that the keyboard on the Storm was not that easy, and all I seem to read is good things about the Bold, but now, having owned one, I'm not sure I've got the right phone...

I need email 100% (for my work), and I need a good browser, but I also need reasonable quality photos...

Has any one out there used both of these for any period of time..., and can offer some good advice...

I've still got 7-9 days to change my mind if I've got this wrong....
    04-14-09 09:20 AM
    Personally, I have the Storm, and I couldn't be happier.

There is a definite learning curve with the touchscreen keyboard. Especially if you are an avid "texter" and get set in your ways like I do.

I believe that the Storm was released a little bit early, but things can only get better.

The camera on the storm is AMAZING. It takes excellent quality photos, and in my personal opinion is comparable to some of the digital cameras out there.

The screen is brilliant, and I do not think I could willingly switch to a smaller screen.

All in all, the storm is a solid device, but the software is a little lacking. I'm running OS .113, and it is WAAY better than the stock .75 OS that comes with the storm.

If you can get used to the touch screen, I think you will LOVE the storm. Besides, it's a cool phone and gets lots of attention. :]

P.S. If you decide to go with the storm, I would definitely install a leaked OS on it.
    04-14-09 09:28 AM
    If you're one of the people who can deal with the virtual keyboard, it is an AMAZING phone. Some people have a hang up over physical keyboards, but with some practice (accuracy, as with any input device, is important)

I'm loving the click screen and I'm typing just as fast as I ever did with physical keys.

Important to note, it's a preference thing. Some people just want a keyboard because they are more comfortable there. No sense having a phone you hate to use.
    04-14-09 09:32 AM
    Stick with the Bold. The big screen is not worth a fraction of the hass and headaches.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-14-09 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD