Hi there,

This is my first BB and I really can't say I know what I'm doing on it yet, but I'm working on it and so far I really like it

I have read a number of posts on similar topics, but so far have not seen this addressed directly. I'm trying to determine if I have a problem or if this is normal behavior as one adds more apps to the system.

I got my Storm a week ago today. It used to always load up the screen very quickly. I have added a few apps but I wouldn't consider them to be excessive and I've also moved a few around and hidden some. What I tried and didn't like, I deleted. I'd say I maybe added less than 6 apps altogether. If you need the names, let me know.

Anyway, what's happening now is that when I turn it on or wake it up from it's snooze (not in use) I see this little black box in the middle of the screen, reminds me of a square clock (or the MS hourglass) and the "dial" spins and the screen doesn't load as fast as it used to. I have to wait ohhhhh, about 10-15 seconds before I can use my Storm.

Is this normal behavior from adding apps (the more apps the slower it gets?) or is this a problem? So far this is the only thing that I'm not liking about my Storm.

Thank you!
    Deb
    07-04-09 08:07 AM
    07-04-09 10:08 AM
    Some apps drain ur app memory which MAY be like ram... For me personal assistant drained about 20 memory throughout the day.... U gotta find which apps are doing this and delete them."Shrink an os" helps a lot! I now hover around 40mb of app memory. Rare lag. Never have to do batt pull. (Which is a temporary fix for your problem)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-09 12:00 PM
    I did a battery pull and that cured the problem. That's a PITA so I'm going to check into one of those apps like QuickPull I think it's called and there's another one I saw something like SoftReset. Hopefully, that will avoid the actual manual labor of pulling the battery. Having to pull the battery to often seems like a good way to screw up the back of your phone or break the back cover.
    07-05-09 12:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD