I have a storm 9530 and I run MemoryUp Pro, according to MemoryUp my total memory s steadily going down. Does this indicate a memory leak? If not, what is the best way to diagnose a leak, and how do I fix it? THANK YOU.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-10 04:09 AM
    Do you have any custom themes loaded?

05-06-10 06:08 AM
    I have 2 plazmic themes installed but I don't use them I use the stock theme. I also have berryslider, the weather channel, an app for task viewer. It seems to leak (according to memoryup) after I download google maps or google mobile. Once it starts leaking I delete the google apps my memory still slowly seeps away. I'm a BB noob so any help will be appreciated.

Do you have any custom themes loaded?

05-06-10 08:15 AM
    I find that having themes, even if they're not active, tends to drain memory. I'm not familiar with your specific apps to tell you if they also drain memory.
    05-06-10 08:31 AM
    The memory does leak a little, and eventually you will run really low. A battery pull will fix this. Often times, it's apps like this MemoryUpPro that actually cause the leak. Delete the themes you don't use, be sure to store media on a media card, and be sure to pull the battery every once in a while. You should be fine after that.

Google Maps should not cause a leak. If you think it is a third party app that is causing it, delete all of them off there, and slowly load each one at a time to see if you can find the culprit.
    05-06-10 09:23 AM
    Also remember that general daily use (phone calls, e-mail, texting, etc.) with slowing use up app memory.

I have found it best to research an app before installing it. Check out the third party app section of the main forum. Find out what other peoples experience is with a given app.
    05-06-10 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD