When I plug into my laptop it doesn't find the device memory in windows. Also, when I plug into media sync it doesn't find my blackberry. Desktop manager always find my blackberry and window always finds my media card. Does anyone know what to do about this?
    01-16-10 06:03 PM
    What OS are you on? You will not be able to access your device memory via your computer on any 5.0 OS that was before .419. Or you might be able to access it at random 1 out of every 100 times you plug it in...if you're lucky. Your only reliable option is to go to a pre 5.0 OS or up to the MTS Mobility .419 release.
    01-16-10 08:22 PM
    What OS are you on? You will not be able to access your device memory via your computer on any 5.0 OS that was before .419. Or you might be able to access it at random 1 out of every 100 times you plug it in...if you're lucky. Your only reliable option is to go to a pre 5.0 OS or up to the MTS Mobility .419 release.
    I am using 5.0.328, which is the official Verizon release. Media sync usually can't find my device and windows rarely finds the device memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-10 08:52 PM
    There was a patch released by RIM that fixes that problem. I don't have the link, but try searching around for fixing device memory or such. I can't remember what it says, I think it's usually titled "read document" or something. Not much help, but it's somewhat helpful.
    01-16-10 09:15 PM
    Could anyone be more specific?
    01-16-10 09:36 PM
    Follow this link:

View Document
    01-16-10 10:04 PM
    I think that patch only allows it to read the memory card, doesn't it? I remember some people couldn't get the card or device memory to read and I thought that patch was a partial fix. I know I tried it and it didn't work for me. I didn't think it worked for others either, but maybe I'm confused...lol! The only thing that worked for me was one time someone called me while the phone was plugged into the computer and then it started working until I rebooted the phone again. Then it was dead until I put .419 on.
    01-16-10 11:11 PM
    I thought it was to allow it to read the device memory. I used it to view my device memory when I was running .328 I believe because it wasn't showing up. I know I have also read if you do a backup of the phone, while the device is backing up, the device memory shows up, so might look into that.
    01-16-10 11:22 PM
    Could be it just didn't work for me...lol! Wouldn't be the first time I've had that problem!
    01-17-10 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD