Hi All,

I'm from overseas and recently I brought a brand new Blackberry Storm without knowning that I need to activate the phone and become a VZN customer in order to use it.
    I had already unlock my phone and I can see that the SIM card security ha been disable.
    I had been told by the VZN that I need a social security no in order to sign up a month to month plan and activate the phone
    Also, I need to basicaly be with them forever because as soon as I disconnect the service, my phone will be de-activate...

I lived in AUS and can anybody let me know can I activat this phone. please!!!!!

Thanks
    03-12-09 12:27 AM
    You DO NOT need to have a social security number to activate service on Verizon but they will need a security deposit. They will run your credit and use 1234567890 as the SSN..Most likely have to put down a $400 deposit...

As for service with AT&T or T-mobile, I'm not quite sure. I assume you can buy a prepay sim card since your Storm is alrady UNLOCKED..Again I'm not quite sure on AT&T or Tmobile
    03-12-09 01:28 AM
    Does the screen show something need to be activated ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 01:37 AM
    send me the phone and ill do it for ya
    03-12-09 01:39 AM
    I read something about doing ##00000

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-09 01:52 AM
    send me the phone and ill do it for ya
    That would be a good idea....

I'm using my Aus sim card,, and the on the screen, it said "Activation requried"
    But the thing is I don't want to sign a contract with VNZ....is there anz way to activate it.

I also tired ##00000 , but it said MSL password must contains 6 digits....
    03-12-09 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD