When I try to do a backup it gets to a certain point and says cannot backup databases.

It always stops at the SheetsToGO point.

Any ideas.
    12-19-08 01:26 PM
    go into your internet , hit options , select catch options and delete all of that , then do a batt pull and retry
    12-19-08 01:42 PM
    I am backing up, and got almost to the end and got an unknown error.

Anyone know where to begin looking?
    12-19-08 02:22 PM
    do a memory clean if clearing the cache doesnt work. It worked for me without a batt pull
    12-19-08 02:28 PM
    i cleared cache, pulled battery, and it went from about 25% complete backup to about 85% and then stalled.
    12-19-08 02:43 PM
    When your computer attempts to recognize you blackberry as a mass media storage device (something to that effect), allow it to do so (I believe you click finish instead of cancel, it is a separate pop up on vista). I got to the same point, and when I clicked no or cancel or whatever, it stalled and gave me an error.
    12-19-08 03:11 PM
    I found that some databases just wouldn't back up. In the DM, next to the Backup button, hit the Advanced button. On the right side will be a list of apps on the handheld. Select all except the one(s) that won't back up. Hit the double arrow to copy them to the desktop.

Be sure to do File->Save As and save it to a file on your PC, otherwise it doesn't really save anything.
    12-19-08 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD