I have DM 4.5 on my work laptop. for months i have been plugging in the usb with my pearl, and doing a wired sync with my outlook 2007 calendar. I'm not on the BES, i just want my calendar as this is my personal phone, not a work phone. initially on my new storm, the sync worked fine. then today, i go in, do a sync, and it deletes everything from my outlook calendar, but it's still on my phone. I have my sync settings set to do a 2 way sync, so i dont know how this happened. I've been trying to do a 1 way sync from device to laptop to restore my WORK calendar, but every time i try, i get the "deskto manager has failed" or some garbage and it closes. I even tried uninstalling DM 4.5, reinstalling, and even tried installing DM 4.7. I have also done numerous battery pulls on my storm.

please help me get my outlook calendar info restored...and let me do a simple 2 way calendar sync over a USB connection...PLEASE.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mjesenovec; 02-09-09 at 08:59 PM.
    02-09-09 08:54 PM
    nobody has had goofy sync issues? I need my work calendar back
    02-09-09 09:27 PM
    i got the desktop manager has failed a few times. uninstalling/reinstalling DM did not fix it - had to remove the calendar entries via the DM in advanced under backup/restore. that worked temporarily. i was very frustrated after this happened a few times. i now use thinkpost.net for $4 per month and my outlook is synced wirelessly and perfectly. i was actually told by the developer that there might be a weird bug in the storm calendar - yearly recurring events that happen(ed) in January 2009 screw the calendar up so if you are having issues remove the yearly recurrenced from the January 09 events and that may fix it - it did for me, but i am sticking with thinkpost - it is a poor-mans BES!
    02-09-09 09:39 PM
    hmm...now i'm trying to sync future items only. i dont need old stuff in my work calendar. only problem is...it will only sync 4 appointments i made today, not any of the other ones that were created a while ago. even if i try to do a one way sync from device to outlook, it doesn't error anymore, but it wont move all the items. i just can't figure it out. also, i'm running .99 on my storm if that helps.
    02-09-09 10:16 PM
    AHHH....i still can't get my outlook calendar back...i NEED these meeting appointments on my work computer. I cant believe a sync with my blackberry deleted everything created in outlook before today. it's ridiculous. I have 29 calendar events in my phone right now...and only 4 of them (ones i created today) will transfer into outlook. i'm so mad right now it's not even funny!
    02-09-09 10:41 PM
    There's a Strong chance it might be the outlook. Since everything is saved on the phone, you tried repairing/reinstalling that? Be careful though, uninstalling outlook loses everything in Outlook.
    02-09-09 11:02 PM
    thanks for the tip. i can almost guarantee it's not my computer. i just did a full reformat on my work laptop last week. my outlook data is stored on an exchange server. i've never had problems with sync before i got my storm.
    02-09-09 11:10 PM
    i just plugged my storm into another computer with office 2007 on it and DM 4.5, and tried to do a one way sync. an entirely different computer only recognized the 4 calendar events that i created today...even though i can physically go into my storm calendar and see everything there.
    02-09-09 11:38 PM
    ok everyone, i seemed to have fixed it. I noticed on my BB calendar i could select between viewing 2 calendars, default device and [email protected]. well for some reason, the 4 calendar appointments i created at work today saved in my gmail calendar, and not device default. in options/advanced/default services, my default calendar was gmail, and i could NOT change it. gmail was stuck as the default CICAL calendar service. sooo....i deleted the [email protected] CICAL service book, and now the only calendar on my phone is my default device, AKA my main and only calendar. I still have gmail email, but no gmail calendar settings. i was easily able to do a resync and merge the calendar events once i was only using one database on my phone.

wow...a sigh of relief after 4 hours of dicking with this thing.
    02-10-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD